Chapter Fourteen

-The Cullens-

The Cullens lives have been different since Livia left. They still go to school, they just have to deal with everyone looking for her. The citizens of forks don't know what happened. They just think she's missing.

Jasper, Edward, and Emmet were out hunting. They were heading home, but before they got back they sensed another presence in the woods.

And it was a vampire.

They listened for a few more seconds and then Edward was able to hear their thoughts.

"Alice?" He asked.

Jasper was staring at Edward now.

The person in the woods came closer and eventually came into their view. Jasper immediately recognized her and he couldn't help but feel shocked, but there was something underneath all that. A longing for the relationship they once had.

Jasper wanted to say something, but he was at a loss for words.

"What are you just standing and staring at me for? Come here."

She pulled him into a hug and they stood like that for a few moments.

"I missed you Alice."

"I missed you too."

"But I don't understand. You were dead."

"I don't understand it either. But there's news. About the Volturi that we need to talk about."

"What's going on?"

"I need to tell everyone at the same time." She turned back to Jasper. "It has to do with Livia."

Jasper almost flinched at the mention of her name, but managed to keep his emotions under control.

"You know about her?" He didn't know why he asked. He already knew the answer. He was just afraid of what Alice would think.

"I've had visions of her. And you."

She stepped closer to Jasper and put a hand on his cheek. "I know you think I'm going to be upset, but I'm not. I know that you love her, and I wont get in the way of that. I want whats best for you."

"Thank you. I needed to hear that."

Emmet walked up to Alice. "Okay. Enough with all the emotional drama, come here."

Alice hugged Emmet, and when that was done she hugged Edward.

"Let's get you home. I'm sure Esme will be all over you when we get back."

They all ran back in a race, naturally Edward won. They walked into the house laughing and were greeted by the rest of the Cullen family that had heard them running through the woods.

Alice was smothered with hugs from everyone. Well, everyone except for Jake. They just awkwardly smiled at each other.

Bella was the first to speak after the hugs were finished.

"What happened? How are you here?"

"I'm not sure. All I remember is waking up in the woods in Alaska. I stayed there for a while because I was getting visions about you guys. About Jazz and Livia and I didn't want to interfere."

Carlisle was intently listening and trying to figure everything out.

"What made you come back?"

"After Livia left I had another vision. Of her running into Aro. They forced her to go with them and she's there right now."

The room fell tense after she said that.

"What do we do? We can't just march up to the castle and demand that they let her come back with us."

"We have to wait. They haven't done anything to her yet. Not that I've been able to see."

Carlisle spoke again. "It's okay Alice. She's only been gone for almost two days. We have time to figure this out okay."

She said okay. And that was the end if their conversation. At least the serious part of it. They spent some time after that catching up and enjoying having Alice back.

-The Volturi Castle-

It was well onto the next day and Livia was starting to feel the effects of not feeding. She wasn't going to let anyone know though. She had plans to try to sneak out and walk around the town at night. She was deep in her thoughts when she heard people walking down the hallway that her room was in.

She knew she didn't have to walk up to the door to hear them, but she did it anyway. It made it more fun.

"Does the girl know?" It was Felix.

"I don't think so." And that was Dimitri. "But Aro wants her at the meeting so, he will probably tell her during that."

After a few seconds she heard a knock on her door. She walked over and opened it to see Dimitri and Felix standing there.

"Yes?"

"A meeting has been called. You have to come with us to speak to Aro." Felix said.

Livia felt uneasy at the mention of another meeting with Aro, but somehow managed to keep her cool.

"Okay."

Just like the night before, Felix walked in front and Livia and Dimitri walked side by side. They didn't talk about anything though.

Livia's thoughts were filled with questions about why Aro wanted her at this meeting, and what would he say when she brought up that she wanted to leave for the night.

Once they got to the throne room they all sat in the same spots that they did on her first night there.

"Hello Livia. So nice of you to join us." Aro said.

Livia gave a small smile.

"I know most of you know why we are here today, but Alec, Jane, and Livia don't so I will tell you all again." He paused and then started talking again. "The Cullens are in the middle of more chaos now."

Livia was planning on just zoning out during the meeting, but mention if the Cullens had her interested.

Aro smiled at her as he saw her attention fall back on him.

"You all remember Alice, correct?"

They all said yes.

"Well, just as we ourselves have come back, so has she. And she is with the Cullens right now."

Livia's heart sank. If Alice was back did that mean Jasper was going to forget about her?

"She could be a very valuable member of the guard if we can convince her to come join us."

Livia didn't like anything that he was saying. Was he really going to go to the cullens and try to get Alice to join them? She was hoping that it wasn't true, but deep down she knew it was.