Chapter Eight

Naturally, the rest of the Cullens made it back before Livvy and Jasper did. Which gave Edward a chance to read his mind. When they walked into the living room all eyes were on them.

"You can put me down now, Jazz."

"Are you sure? I can carry you to Carlisle's office if you want."

"Why would we need to go to his office?"

"To take care of your wrist." Carlisle said as he stood up and ran at vampire speed to the couple. "I can take her, Jasper. Your siblings need to talk to you anyway."

Jasper set Livvy on her feet and Carlisle took her to his office.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"What do you guys want to talk about?"

"I think you know. I figured you should tell them your plans for her."

Rosalie stood up and looked Jasper in the eye. "What plans?"

"It's hard to explain," he paused, running his fingers through his hair trying to find his words.

"Seeing you flustered is scary, Jasper." Emmet said. "Just get the words out."

"That wolf from Alaska, he imprinted on her." he could feel the confusion that his siblings and adopted mom were feeling, but ignored it. If he kept focusing on their feelings he would never get the words out. "And I don't want to lose her, And I know this is really selfish of me, but I don't want to share her with someone else either." He thought about how to say what he was about to, but realized there was no way to say it without sounding like a terrible person. If that's what he even was at this point. "I can't exactly kill Kai. That would break the treaty."

It took them a moment to realize what he was saying. Rosalie was the first to say something.

"You can't just do that. That won't solve anything. We don't even know if the imprint will be broken if you turn her!" she growled at him.

"What else am I supposed to do?" his voice just barely above a whisper. "I can't lose her. I already lost Alice, I wont lose Liv too."

"Maybe you shouldn't have fallen in love with a human in the first place. You know, when Edward saved Bella in the parking lot that day, you were determined on killing her because she figured out our secret, but here you are. Being a hypocrite and doing the exact same thing that you got mad at Edward for doing."

"Rose!" Esme scolded. "There was no need for any of that."

"There is! He hasn't even talked to her about it! She's even said it herself that she doesn't want to be turned."

"Your acting like I like the idea of turning her. I don't. It's my last resort, believe me. But it's the only way I wont lose her."

"You don't even know if she and Kai will even have a romantic relationship. Your jumping to conclusions Jazz. You might not even need to do that." Bella said.
The room went silent when they heard her and Carlisle walking down the stairs.

"Do what?" when he didn't answer right away she got worried. "What does she mean, Jasper?"

Carlisle had heard the whole conversation so he already knew what was going on.

"We should give them some privacy. We all need to hunt anyway." They all got up and ran off into the woods.

"Jasper, what's going on?"

"You should probably sit down for this."

"Come on, just tell me."

He explained what was going on. He was expecting her to be mad and yell, but she was quiet.

"Livvy, say something."

"I don't know what to say."

"Please, I know it's not what you want, but-"

"But what? Huh, you think you can just turn me to fix something that hasn't even become a problem? All it would do is cause another, much bigger problem."

"But it's better than you leaving me for a werewolf."

"Who says I'll even leave you? You need to trust me, please. You know I'll never leave you." She was staring him in the eyes. Their foreheads touching. "Please, Jazz. Don't do this."

"I don't know. I know it's a terrible thing to do, but please. Please, I just want to be with you for as long as you live. I don't want to fight over you."

She felt tears forming in her eyes. "Jazz, please listen to me. I love you. Your the only person I've loved and you'll be the only one I ever love. What part of that doesn't make sense to you?"

"You underestimate the power of a wolfs imprint. It's hard to resist. I've seen it first hand, relationships falling apart because they were imprinted on."

Tears were falling down her face now. She didn't understand why Jasper didn't trust her.

"Take me home."

"What?"

"I want you to take me home."

"Are you sure."

She laughed sarcastically. "Yeah. I'm pretty sure."

The ride back to Livvy's house was tense. There were so many things she wanted to say. She wondered what the real reason was. What his real reason was for wanting to turn her. Certainly there was another reason, right? She didn't even know what to think anymore.

They made it to her house way faster than she was anticipating.

"What should I tell my mom about my wrist? I mean, she would have heard if I was in the hospital."

"Just tell her that Carlisle was there and found a brace for you."

She nodded her head in reply as she unbuckled herself.

"Livvy, I'm sorry. I don't know what else to tell you. Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?"

"Do you want me to be honest?"

"Yes."

"Just give me some space. Just like, a day or two alone. So I can think."

His grip tightened on the steering wheel. Why does it always have to come to this?"

"Okay. If you need anything, or if you just want to talk, just call me, okay?"

"I will."

Before he could say anything else she got out and closed the door. She just had to keep herself together until she got to her room. Then she could let it all out. She was half tempted to just climb the tree and sneak in through the window. She didn't really want to talk to anyone right now.

"Here goes nothing." she whispered to herself as she walked in through the front door.