Chapter Three

Livvy was on the beach when she saw him. His golden eyes stared back at her. All of a sudden he was sitting in the sand, right next to her.

"Livvy! Are you alright?" he asked.

She tried to rip her eyes from the ocean, but she couldn't. Something, her intuition maybe, was stopping her from looking at his face.

"Livvy? Answer me!" he said, his tone thick with concern.

She looked down at her shoes. There was blood everywhere. She bit back the urge to scream. She knew the blood wasn't hers though. It was the deer's blood. She finally ripped her eyes from the ugly sight at her feet and met Jaspers gaze. Her eyes widened in shock.

He had blood all over him. His mouth, chin, neck, and cloths. She looked at the deer and made the connection.

"Livvy, I'm sorry if I scared you."

She didn't hear what he said, the panic had already set in.

Livvy woke up, gasping for air and sweating. She had been having this dream for the past nine or ten days. It didn't make any sense to her. It was Saturday and she didn't have any plans. The past eight school days had been amazing for her. Jasper picked her up for school every morning, and then dropped her off everyday. Her mom wasn't home much so she was able to have him over without having to ask.

It was very simple and complicated at the same time. He loved her, and she loved him. They never made it official that they were dating and everyone just assumed that they were. They didn't feel the need to give each other the boyfriend girlfriend titles though. They loved each other and that was all that mattered.

After the second night she had her dream she did a lot of research on vampires. She knew that she was crazy and that vampires weren't real, but she couldn't help herself. She knew that Jasper was just another harmless human, but something inside her told her that he wasn't. That the dreams were clues. Something told her to leave him, run away, but she always pushed the feeling back down to the very back of her head. After all, she only felt this way when she was away for him for more than a few hours.

She looked at the clock on her wall. It was nine in the morning. She got up out of bed, got dressed, and went downstairs to eat her breakfast. After rummaging around for a couple minutes she settled on having cereal. Once she was dont she put her bowl in the sink. She was about to go upstairs to brush her teeth when she heard a knock on the front door. She thought that was weird since she didn't have any plans for the day. She walked over to the door. She looked out the window to see who it was when she saw Jaspers black Mercedes. She ran over to the door and threw it open.

"Jasper, hey."

"Hey Livvy, how are you this mornin'?" he asked, letting his southern drawl come out a bit.

She thought back to her dream. She wasn't ready to tell Jasper, so she lied.

"I'm great! I just finished eating breakfast." There was a lull in the conversation as they stared at each other. "Was there a reason that you stopped by?"

"I know it's early and you didn't really have time to prepare, I was wondering if you wanted to go hiking with me?"

Her eyes lit up. "I would love that! Just give me a moment to grab what I'll need."

"Actually, I came prepared. I already have everything we need. I even packed some sandwiches."

"Your the best, you know that right?"

He smiled and chuckled. "Lets go. We don't want to waste time."

Jasper drove until the road ended. After that, he cut the cars engine. "We get to walk from here."