Chapter One

It was Livia's first day at Forks High School. She had moved there because her dad got offered a job at the hospital. Forks was small and even with Dr. Cullen there, they still needed more people to work there. With how many people live in forks you would think that the hospital wouldn't be so busy. It was the exact opposite most of the time. Livia wasn't too happy about the move, but she wasn't too upset. She didn't have many friends. She wasn't emo or alternative or anything, she just assumed she naturally repelled other human beings. Maybe things would be different here in forks. She finished her walk to school since her dad didn't have a car for her to drive and she didn't dare ride the bus. She was one of the first people to get to the school. She made a mental note to leave the house later tomorrow.

She wandered around a bit, looking around the school before she went to get her schedule. She was a sophomore in high school and she was 16. She took a few tests before she actually started school to see if she could take any honors classes or even junior level classes and she passed, with an almost perfect score. After more people started to show up she went to go get her schedule. She walked into the office and almost immediately all eyes were on her. She guessed that news travels fast in Forks.

"You must be Livia," the lady at the front desk said.

"Thats me. I'm supposed to come pick up my schedule up here."

The lady handed her her schedule and a map of the school and sent her on her way before she could even thank her.

She looked at her schedule.

1st Period: Algebra 11

2nd Period: German 3-4

3rd Period: U.S. History

4th Period: Art 3-4

Lunch

5th Period; Biology 1-2

6th period: English 5-6 Honors

She walked around and found all her classes without even having to look at her map. She heard the warning bell ring that class was going to start in five minutes so she headed to her first period.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jasper knew it was her before she even entered the room. Her scent was different. New, fresh. He saw the anxiety in her face and tried to use his gift to calm her down. It worked. He saw her face relax and then went back to staring off into space.

That was until she sat right next to him.

"Hi, I'm Livia." she said as she sat down.

"I'm Jasper," he answered.

She got the hint that he did not want to talk to she didn't bother to make more small talk. The teacher made her stand in front of the class and made her introduce herself to everyone. Once she sat down she started taking notes.

Jasper couldn't help but look at her. She wasn't pretty in the way Alice was, but she was pretty nonetheless. Her blood smelled so good. Almost too good. He wrote it off on the fact that he hadn't gone hunting in a while. The bell rang and she stood up and before Jasper knew it, she was sprawled on the floor. Her papers were everywhere. Everyone else got up and left. Jasper was the only one who stayed and helped her.

"What happened?" he asked, chucking. It reminded him of how clumsy Bella was while she was a human.

"Honestly, I have no clue." she said, and then giggled,

Jasper extended his hand and helped her get up off the floor and get her stuff.

"Where are you heading next?" He asked,