Sister Talk

Emily's eyes widened as she remembered exactly why her twin had gone home in the first place. She never called her with any news, so she wasn't sure whether or not Sarah had even told her parents about being asexual. She'd been so preoccupied with her own issues that she hadn't even texted her to check in.

She still couldn't help but smile to see the only person who she knew could understand her.

"There's my best friend and the only person I trust!" Emily exclaimed, so glad to see her that she nearly jumped out of her seat. Having already cried herself dry, she had nothing but dry dread in her gut that she could slap a smile over.

"Girl, you okay?" Sarah questioned, noticing her weird behavior and tear-stained cheeks.

"No," Emily continued smiling, absolutely pained. Quickly, she changed the subject, "How was the visit?"

 Quickly, she changed the subject, "How was the visit?"

Sarah looked visibly confused.

"No?? Em... Did you bomb the project?"

After all, it was a huge percentage of her sister's grade. It was clear she'd be upset if she messed up on the project. Maybe she embarrassed herself in front of the class or something and she was still recovering from the shame?

 Maybe she embarrassed herself in front of the class or something and she was still recovering from the shame?

"Something like that..." Emily muttered, her arms crossing over her chest as she glanced past her. She changed the subject again quickly, "Anyway, you didn't call me about what happened!"

"I tried, but you didn't answer!" Sarah pointed out, but wasn't accusatory about it. It looked like they both had a rough time apparently, "Anyway, let's go back to the dorm."

Emily suddenly felt guilty, remembering how she did get a missed call from Sarah that day.

"I... yeah," she replied, standing up and grabbing her coffee, "Let's go."