Ex Partner (2/3)

As Emily approached the room for her upcoming class, she felt her cheeks heavily flush. This partner project was making her insane and she hadn't even started it yet.

"Do my hair extensions look natural? I don't know why I wore a ponytail today!! Oh my gosh!" Emily spiraled, just seeing the room across the hall.

She was supposed to work with her freaking ex-boyfriend for a class project. How was this fair? How was she supposed to deal with her unnatural instinctual reactions to having him around?

"They look fine, Em," Sarah shook her head, referring to her hair extensions. "Anyway, why are you being so weird?"

"Nothing! Maybe you're being weird!!" Emily deflected instinctively.

She wanted to tell her sister that it was because she had to work with Brandon, but she worried it would make her think she had a crush or something

She wanted to tell her sister that it was because she had to work with Brandon, but she worried it would make her think she had a crush or something. She did not have a crush on her ex-boyfriend.

She didn't.

So she didn't think it made sense to draw this to Sarah's attention so she could make unnecessary and wrong conclusions about something that did not matter in the slightest.

"I really don't think I should go to this class today. What's the point? I might be sick or something. You know, I had a headache earlier and now my stomach hurts so yeah, I shouldn't! Can't infect the other students!" Emily stopped at the door.

Sarah rolled her eyes, opened the door, and shoved her twin into the classroom before closing the door, "Good luck!"

"Sarah!" She yelped as she stumbled into the classroom.

As she stumbled forward and the door quickly slammed behind her, she found herself in the muscular arms of Brandon freaking Gardner again

Memories of their kisses in this position flooded her mind, and her heart couldn't help but miss it in the slightest. The way his arm wrapped around her waist to pull her in and then lightly touch the back of her neck to pull her in...