Confession

"I'm so sorry I can't be there with you when you tell them," Emily apologized as she walked her out to get a cab to the airport.

Sarah took a shaky breath, forcing herself to try and shrug nonchalantly, "It's okay, Em! I wish you could come too, but that project is too important."

Normally, she would've postponed her visit until Emily would be able to come, but their parents were about to take another big trip soon so this would be her last chance to be able to talk to them in person for a while. She didn't exactly feel like waiting either, knowing she'd just feel more and more anxious about their reactions until she could actually tell them she's asexual.

Once she'd come out and say it, her family could finally stop asking when she'd get a boyfriend. It was like a stab every single time someone reminded her that she didn't have a romantic partner, because she never found herself desiring a boyfriend like her sister constantly did.

The sooner she'd tell them, the better.

"Call me and let me know how it goes, okay?" Emily reminded her, finally stopping at the end of the hall.

Sarah nodded, hesitantly continuing without her, "Will do!"

She was scared if she looked back to see if Emily was still there or not, she'd cry and run back like a child

She was scared if she looked back to see if Emily was still there or not, she'd cry and run back like a child. From the lack of footsteps, she knew her sister wasn't leaving yet. Sarah continued forward, holding her tears back.

The first time she took a plane by herself was slightly terrifying, seeing how she usually had her extroverted and self-assured sister to do all the talking and guiding. Still, she actually managed to get to Oregon without much complication.

The independent plane trip was the least stressful part of her day at least

Having to face her extremely traditional parents and tell them she would never get married was a whole other arena.

Telling Emily she was asexual, she was scared to take away her plans of being an aunt, but she knew deep down she wouldn't hate her for it. Trying to tell her parents, she was genuinely scared hating her was a possibility. Maybe not her father completely, but her chances with her mother were pretty uncertain.