Sarah's Hair

How Emily managed to get her sister to dye her hair was a real mystery to begin with.

Sarah had always found herself with this irrational phobia of her hair color changing. She'd seen Emily dye the bottom half of her hair pink twice a month since she was thirteen, and was perfectly fine watching someone else dye their hair.

She wasn't truly sure why, but she assumed her overprotectiveness of her hair color always had something to do with her mom forcing haircuts upon her in an effort to differentiate her from her twin sister. Maybe hair color was one comforting detail she knew could never change, even as short as her hair would be forced.

Regardless, she was now nineteen years old and had full rights over her own hair. She had the length she wanted, so she should've been okay with her hair color being temporarily changed for a single day, right? The brown hair wasn't terrible to her at all, seeing as she thought she looked nice with it, but she wanted to look like herself now that Halloween was over.

When she got back from hanging out with her sister and her sister's friends for Halloween, the first thing Sarah did was get the necessities from her dorm, then go to the student showers. Being Erika from Princess and the Pauper for the day was fun and all, but she was ready to get the dye off.

However, as she washed her hair and watched some of the brown dye swirl into the drains, she realized her hair was not exactly getting any lighter.

Dumping more shampoo onto her head, she scubbed frantically at her hair, bubbling it up as much as she could before rinsing it into the water

Dumping more shampoo onto her head, she scubbed frantically at her hair, bubbling it up as much as she could before rinsing it into the water. Although some of the shampoo stung her eyes, she kept them wide open to see if the color was coming off or not.

It was not making her hair any lighter, and she was beginning to panic.

She used the rest of the shampoo bottle trying to get the dye off, but it was to no avail. Before she could have a full-on panic attack, she reassured herself that Emily had a special kind of color-removing shampoo she normally used when she washed the pink dye off her own hair for special occasions and such.

This was a temporary hair color. It was going to come off. The blonde hair was still blonde underneath, so there was no reason to panic.

As she came back into the dorm room however, she couldn't stop the panic from leaking out into her voice, "EM, THIS HAIR DYE COMES OFF, RIGHT??"

Her sister, on a call with her boyfriend (of course), glanced back at her.

"Yes, it's temporary," she reminded her. "I'll call you back, Cal."