-3-

Y/n sat on her couch cuddled up with her cat. It was one of those Friday nights where you just stay home and do nothing and she liked that. Her phone started buzzing and she picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Y/n! Hi! It's Mom, I have some news!"

"Alright, what's up?"

"Dad and I are taking a trip down to Florida to visit your cousins. We are gonna book the flights soon so if you want to tag along let me know!"

Y/n sat there dead silent. Could it be true? Going back home after all of these years? Could I find them again?

"Y/n?"

"O-oh. Yeah. I'll go."

"Perfect! Be ready! We leave tomorrow morning early!"

She nods then realized Mom can't see her.

"Okay. See you tomorrow."

Y/n ended the call and sat there shocked. Then it hit her.

"Tommorrow?!"

She instantly stood up and ran to her room. She grabbed a suitcase that she's never used from her closet and started packing.

She grabbed clothing and put her toothbrush and brush in the bag as well. Adding a few more things to the bag, she was done.

Nick. What about Nick. How long will I be gone? I could bring him with me..? No no no, that wouldn't be a great idea. Uhmm. Mark. Y/n stood up and ran out to the living room to her phone and called Mark.

"Hello?"

"Hi? Mark? It's y/n."

"Never in a million years did I think you would call me." He laughed.

"I'm going to Florida with my mom and dad,  I need someone to watch Nick."

"Who's Nick?" She mentally face palmed.

"He's my cat. I don't know how long I'll be gone, but I'll pay you back when I'm home." She stammered.

"No problem. I'll take him. When are you leaving?"

"Uh well, I guess in a few hours, like at 3 am.. so I'll bring him over soon."

"Alright. I'll text you my address, see you in a bit!"

Y/n hung up and went to go find Nick. He was a strangely obedient cat, you call his name and he would come. As if right on que, Nick was in sight.

"Hey love, you're gonna stay with Mark for a bit, alright?" She grabbed the cat carrier and some food and put him in the cage.

"Alright. Let's go." Y/n walked down the hallway of her apartment and to the elevator. She pushed the button and waited for it to come up.

-

Driving in the car through the busy streets wasn't fun. Honking horns and loud music wasn't something cats like. Luckily Mark's apartment wasn't far from here.

Y/n turned the corner to the parking lot. She got out of the car and grabbed Nick out of the back seat and walked up to the apartment. Room 309, Level 8. She read his texts.

She made her way to the elevator and rode it to level 8. She looked down at Nick in the carrier and smiled reassuringly. Soon enough, she reached his room.

"Y/n! Welcome!" Y/n smiled back at the boy and walked in. It was a nice apartment, similar to hers.

"So this is Nick." She put the cage down and opened it to reveal the small tabby.

"Aww look at the little man. I'll make sure to take good care of him." Y/n smiled and nodded. She picked Nick up and held him in her arms.

"I'm gonna miss you buddy." She kissed his head. "You be good." Y/n put him down and stood up.

"Thanks Mark, how could I repay you?"

"No need. Just make sure to keep in touch with me while you're gone. I'll miss you."

Y/n nodded, smiling back up at him, "Sure"

-

It was 10:06pm. The tired girl got ready for bed knowing she wouldn't get much sleep since she had a plane to catch.

I'll just sleep on the plane I guess. She curled up in bed and dozed off to sleep. As if no time went by her alarm was blaring in her ears. She groaned and looked at the time. 3:00am.

Y/n sighed and got out of bed and made her way to her suit case. She grabbed it and exited the apartment waiting for her parents to arrive. Y/n's parent's car pulled up and she hopped in. They exchanged hellos, too tired to actually talk, and they were off.