-15-

The four walked through the forest on their way back to the fort. It was an extremely hot day and they were thankful for the shelter of the woods.

"I'm gonna dieee" Y/n whined. "It's so hottt."

The boys stopped and turned around to look at her far behind.

"Y/nnnn." George called back. "Come on, we're almost there."

She crouched down and fell onto the ground and groaned. The three scoffed and walked over to her.

"Come on n/n." Clay said looking down at her.

"No."

"We're as hot as you are, come on."

"No."

"It will be cooler back at the fort."

"No."

Y/n layed there on the pine needle filled ground.

"I'll carry you."

At this Y/n perked up. She opened her eyes to see the boys looking down at her.

"Really?" She asked.

"Yeah, now stand up." Nick said reaching his hand out for her to grab.

She took his hand and stood up. Nick crouched down for Y/n to get on his back. She lazily wrapped her arms around his neck and got on.

"Y/n. Hold on, you're gonna fall off." Nick stammered trying to keep the girl up.

He didn't get a response and just scoffed. Y/n's breathing slowed and she was fast asleep on the black haired boys back.

George laughed. "Nick, she's asleep." Clay laughed as well.

"Guys, I'm dying, she's gonna fall and I'm sweating to death." Nick groaned.

"Want me to carry her?" Clay whispered.

Deep down, Nick loved this, but for his good he nodded and stopped walking. He gently slid Y/n onto the tall blonde's back and they continued walking.

"Nick- she barely weighs anything, how are you tired." Clay wheezed. Nick ignored him and walked into the fort.

Clay set Y/n down in the hammock for her to rest in. He brushed the hair out of her face and smiled. George came in behind him and sat down in the pile of pillows.

"Do you think the pond is dried up?" George whispered.

Clay turned around and looked at him. "Oh, I don't know. Wanna go check?"

George nodded and he looked over at Nick. "I'll stay here just in case she wakes up." Clay and George nodded, but they didn't like the idea of him being alone with her. The two stood up and left the fort to go check the pond.

Meanwhile, Nick sat in the fort with the sleeping girl. Her peaceful shape was mesmerizing. She started to stir, meaning she would probably be waking soon.

Nick sat up and crawled over to the hammock to sit by her. Her eyes slowly opened and she looked around. She was in the fort. I must have fallen asleep. She looked next to the hammock and saw Nick sitting there with a small smile on his face.

"Goodmorning" he said. She laughed.

"Isn't it the afternoon?"

He slightly laughed at her. Nick moved his position and sat up against the hammock and sighed.

"What's wrong." He looked upset and she wanted to make things okay.

He stared into her beautiful e/c eyes. She was eating him alive, and she didn't even know it.

"Its nothing." He said looking away.

She sighed and reached out for his shoulder. "You can tell me, yknow."

He smiled and leaned back onto the hammock. "I know.

She started playing with his long black hair. "Then why don't you tell me?"

"It's.. not that easy." He sighed.

"Well how can I help?"

He climbed up into the hammock and layed his head on her lap, and she continued playing with his hair.

"I-I don't know." Nick whispered. He looked up into her eyes again. It was killing him. He needed her. So desperately he wanted to hold her. But he couldn't.

"Where did Clay and George go?" She asked.

"Let's not talk about them right now."

Y/n looked down at him with a sad reassuring smile in hopes to make him feel okay.

Nick sat up and connected his lips with hers. It was such a quick movement she had no time to process what was happening. The moment might not have lasted long but it felt like they were the only people in the world. Black and White. Sun and Moon. Nick and Y/n.

She looked down at Nick, shocked.  "I really like you y/n. I have since that dumb sleepover at George's house so long ago. Since the first time we kissed, I always knew I needed you in my life."

Y/n was shocked to say the least. She didn't know how to feel.

She leaned back down and smiled teasingly. She gently moved his hair out of the way and slid his bandana up just enough to kiss his forehead.  "I like you too."

-

Clay and George were heading back from the pond. The water was a good height and it felt refreshing in this heat. They made their way back to the fort and walked inside. Y/n was still laying in the hammock and Nick was in the pile of pillows.

"Hi." She said. Both Nick and her face was extremely red. As far as George and Clay know, it was the heat.

"Wanna go to the pond? It feels nice and cool."

"Pond? I didn't know we had a pond." Her eyes lit up.

Clay smiled. "Come on, we'll show you.

George pulled y/n out of the hammock and into the woods. Clay lead the way with y/n, Nick, and George close behind. Nick reached for y/n's hand and gave it three squeezes, and her doing the same. They let go immediately after, in hopes of not to get caught. The group finally came up to the pond and stopped. Y/N kneeled down to the water and felt around the temperature with her hand.

"This will be fun." Y/n said looking into the water. "But I don't have extra clothes, so, I'm not swimming." She stood up and turned around. Clay grabbed her arm firmly without turning to look at her.

"Weren't you just complaining about being hot?" He teased. She struggled to get out of his firm grasp but he wouldn't let go.

"I don't wanna ruin my clothes Clay." She looked down at herself, "I'm literally wearing a white shirt."

"Take them off then." He stated simply.

She stopped squirming and looked up at him. "E-Excuse me?"

Clay laughed. "I'm just sayin, unless you want to walk allll the way back to your house just to get clothes. Its the next best option."

Y/n sighed and looked at the other two with small smiles on their faces. "Fine. But don't you even get any ideas."