-6-

"What the hell do you want me to do about it? You have money and legs, go buy them yourself."

Clay rolled his eyes. It felt as if every week George and Nick would ask Clay to go out and buy them food. They didn't have jobs, so they just used the random money they had. The boys continued to trudge through the woods to their fort.

"Well, you're like the leader of our group Clay. You have to buy us Takis." Clay grunted at Nick's response.

Once the fort came into view George and Nick ran ahead of Clay. He shook his head at the childish behavior of the two. Clay picked up his pace and followed them into the fort. The heat seemed to be putting the boys in an upset mood. Nick messed with the pocket knife he was holding in between his fingers. He let out a sigh once inside the fort and plopped down into the pile of pillows.

Some things have changed over the 4 years Y/n has been gone. There were fairy lights now, and there was flooring. Well it wasn't actually flooring, it was just plywood. There were blankets and pillows, and a new hammock. It was quite nice.

To top it off, there were polaroids hanging on the fairy lights. Two of the polaroids had y/n in it making them their favorites out of them all.  The first photo was taken in their fort. The girl was sitting in the hammock with Clay and Nick.

The second photo was the last time they saw the girl. She looked very pretty in the photo. She was stood next to George and held the three roses in one hand. They looked happy. Clay smiled at the thought of her. She was like the missing piece to their puzzle. Nobody could replace her.

-

Y/n walked up to George's house and knocked. Not like she was expecting an answer at ten in the morning but it was worth a shot. Suddenly, the door was being opened. Y/n looked up to be greeted by his mother.

"Hello. How can I help you?" She said in a sweet tone.

"I-is George here?" George's Moms eyes widened.

"Are you Y/n?" Y/n nodded and before she knew it she was being wrapped in a hug. Georges's family was like her second family. They would always hang out, considering they used to be neighbors.

"It's wonderful to see you again! To answer your question, no. George is in the woods out back with Clay and Nick." Y/n's eyes sparkled. George was still friends with Clay and Nick. And they were at the fort.

"Thank you so much." Y/n thanked George's mom and stepped off the doorstep and made her way around to the backyard.

There was a nice sized forest in his backyard. The four would spend countless hours messing around or playing games. There was a defined path at the entente to the woods. It had been walked on so many times the past few years you could tell it was used. It was a funny thought that the last time she was here the fort had only been made. And they kept it up.

She reached a small hill that allows you to see the surroundings of the woods. She gasped. The outside was the same just more, well built. Y/n heard talking, she had butterflies in her stomach. Not the 'in love' ones. The nervous ones.

Yet, she continued walking down to the fort. The voices were more distinguished now, but she couldn't tell who was who. Puberty must have hit hard she snickered to herself. Y/n was stood outside the fort listening.

"If you don't shut up you're not getting your precious Takis George."

Y/n moved the tarp covering the entrance and stepped into the small enclosed room.

"I'll buy you your Takis George."