Chapter 9

This chapter contains spoilers of
ACT 1, for the new players and for those who doesn't want to be spoiled :') you can either read it or skip it.

note : some of the scene in the flashback does not exist to the real story in ACT 1.
.
.
.

.

"AH! SLIME! TRAVELLER!

Paimon scurried around as she was chased by a hydro slime, meanwhile Aether was staring on to space with a drool coming out of his mouth.

" TRAVEL...huh?...HEY!"

Paimon tried to tug on his braids but Aether didn't seem to have any interest in fighting, Paimon then glance at the hydro slime who had the same expression as hers except it was making weird faces.

"I'M NOT BLUSHING!!!"

Aether suddenly yelled causing the hydro slime and Paimon to hide behind a tree, "AH...oh? was I spacing out?" Aether mumbled as he glance at the scared Paimon and slime.

"S-sorry..."

"GEEZ! you scared Paimon!"

Paimon exclaimed as she flew beside Aether who was banging his head at a nearby tree, "ugh...I can't get him out of my head!" Aether mumbled when all of a sudden he felt a weight on his whole body, his face turned bright red and turn around to see Childe waving at him with a smirk.

"having fun suffering alone Shonen?"

Childe said along with a playful laugh, Aether blushed and gritted his teeth before blasting him away again, "STUPID! CHILDE! DON'T TALK TO ME! YOU KISS STEALER!" Aether exclaimed and ran away as fast as he can but Childe was able to catch up to him, well since his a well-trained fatui.

"come on Shonen! don't be like that!" Childe said but Aether continued to ignore him as he covered both of his ears, Childe couldn't help it but laugh in amusement.

"ah~ I love him~"

Childe thought as the sudden memories of the day he realised his feelings towards Aether.

|| FLASHBACK ||

|| CHILDE POV. ||

"all is going as planned"

Scaramouche said while looking out at the window, I click my tongue silently and headed towards the exit, "Where are you going Tartaglia?" Scaramouche said as he block my door way, I smirked.

"please get out of my way squirt" I said with a playful smile, Scaramouche hates it when I talk about his height and it gives me a nice feeling to tease him and probably make him angry.

Scaramouche gritted his teeth, "tsk! Just get it done already and stop playing around with that traveller!" Scaramouche said and left as he purposely hit me but his shoulders weren't high enough to hit mine so it only bumped on to my arm in which I find it hilarious.

"Yeah yeah...it'll be over soon" I mumbled and left the Northland Bank, when I left the bank I immediately headed my way towards a restaurant to where I can find Zhongli-sensei easily and I will probably ask him some questions about Rex Lapis.

As I walk around town, I suddenly heard laughter, I turn around and saw Aether and Zhongli-sensei, they seem to be having fun talking to each other.

"their having fun huh?"

I thought as I decided to follow them quietly, I was always curious about Aether's background story but all I know was that he was looking for his missing sister.

I sigh and look up at the sky, the heat in this place is too much, as I continued to follow them, I found out something interesting.

Aether always looks sad.

"ah...you forgot your wallet again Zhongli-sensei..."

Aether said as he brought out his wallet and paid for it instead, I almost burst into laughter, "n-next time I'll treat you with some expensive food" Zhongli-sensei said but in my eyes, I could tell he was enjoying it, in other words he was enjoying his time with Aether in which I find it bothersome.

As I tried to hear more of their conversation, I suddenly knock on a basket filled with sunflowers, I gasp and tried to pick it up but I suddenly stumbled on my own too feet causing me to fall on the ground.

"Ow!..that hurts..."

I mumbled and yelp in pain since I grazed my hand on the ground, "Childe?", once I heard Aether's voice, I immediately look up but the moment I did, it almost feels like time has stop. I could feel my chest burning as soon as I lock eyes with Aether, he held out his hand.

"are you okay?"

Aether said as he helped me get up but because of my weight, he had a hard time helping me get up, I chuckle and decided to play along. "I was just walking around town! and I suddenly knock on the bask---" I said as I tried to make it believable but I was suddenly cut off when he reach his hand out to me and caress my cheeks.

His hand is so warm, this was the warm that I never felt anymore right after I joined the Fatui, all I could feel that time was bloodshed and coldness.

"I-I'm okay!..."

I exclaimed and back away from him, Aether chuckle and glance at Zhongli who was looking at me with a weird expression.

"perhaps you have a slight fever? I recommend you go home and drink some medicine" Zhongli-sensei said that left me in confusion, Aether nodded and suddenly start pushing me forward.

"listen to Zhongli-sensei! your face is so red!" Aether exclaimed along with Paimon who was flying around, I only laugh it off but the way he was worried about me, it feels nice to be cared like this.

|| Time Skip ||

When Aether finally convinced me to go back home and get some rest, I was lying down on my bed, that beautiful image of Aether was breathtaking, the women's back in Snezhnaya can't even compete, even though he always has that murderous look every time he fights. Aether is always beautiful,

I jolt up from my bed right after realizing that I called Aether beautiful, my heart was acting up again, the same feeling when I saw Aether.

"urgh...I must be crazy..." I mumbled and sat up from my bed, I walk towards the mirror to take a good look of myself but the moment I saw myself at the mirror I immediately back away with a surprised expression.

"eh? EHHH???"

'SHUT IT TORTILLA!!! I'M TRYING TO GET SOME BEAUTY SLEEP!!!"

Scaramouche suddenly burst into my room but he suddenly stop and looked at me.

"your red? is that contagious? if it is! get away from me!" Scaramouche said but as he was about to leave my room, I stop him and made him look at me.

"HEY FANDANGGO! WHY DO I FEEL LIKE MY HEART IS BURNING EVERYTIME I SEE THAT FACE!?! TELL ME!!!"

I exclaimed but Scaramouche electrocuted me to get away from me, he sigh and smack me on the head.

"first of all shut it! second of all that means you like that someone"

The moment Scaramouche said those words, my knees felt weak and everything seems to be different, on the next day, I denied my feelings towards him, I earned his trust and it almost felt like an accomplishment but the moment, I fought with him and betrayed him. I can never forget the look on his face, I was hated by him.

But I never knew I could get another chance to get closer with him again.

The flashback is longer than my introduction in an essay HAHAHAHa.