Chapter 14

AETHER POV.

"Paimon! hurry it up! Lisa already warned us not to go near that cliff!!! it's unsteady!" I exclaimed while trying to pull Paimon away from the cliff, it was beautiful scenery to look at and the fresh air makes us want to stay here and relax but knowing it was infested with Hilichurls and unsteady ground. We had to leave after collecting one more Cecilia.

As we headed our way down the mountain, I suddenly trip on a rock causing me to lose balance, "WOAH!" I fell on my knees as I heard Paimon's worried voice, "OH NO! YOUR KNEES ARE BLEEDING!" Paimon exclaimed, I sigh and lean my back against the tree to see the fresh new wound that I got from tripping.

"ow...it stings" I mumbled and winced in pain, "P-P-PAIMON'S GOING TO FIND CHILDE!!! DON'T DIE TRAVELLER!!!" Paimon exclaimed and immediately flew away in the direction to where Childe is, "...yep...Lisa is going to get angry...we're 3 minutes late..." I said with a scared expression knowing how scary Lisa can be after witnessing how she got angry over the books, I tried to avoid making her angry but it seems I'll be receiving an earful from her and Jean too.

"hmm... they are taking way too long...what happened to them?" I mumbled and stood upon the ground as I ignored the pain and forced myself to walk down the mountain, It was a bit tricky because earlier it rained down hard but I was able to get down safely.

"I'm sure Childe went h---"

The moment I entered the cave to where Childe said he would be, I covered my mouth to see Childe unconscious as his stomach was wounded and blood leaving his body, "CHILDE! OH MY GOD! HEY! WAKE UP!" I slapped his face gently as a way to wake him up but he didn't, I bit the insides of my cheeks and immediately went through my things, when I finally found the bandage I wrapped it around his body to put pressure around his wound.

"You're going to be okay...you're going to be okay...don't die...don't die..."

"t-traveler...r-run...",

I gasp, "PAIMON!", I ran towards Paimon and carried her in my arms, all I could see were scratches and bruises all over her tiny body. I gritted my teeth and lie her down beside Childe who was still breathing, "t-traveler...you have to run...j-just leave..." Paimon said as she tried her best to push me away which left me in confusion but because of her size and her lack of strength she couldn't do it and eventually gave up.

"What the hell are you talking about!?!"

"you should take your friends advice~"

My breath hitch as I remembered that voice, the same voice who took Venti's gnosis, I turned around and glared at the woman who walked towards me with a smirk spreading across her face.

"In the end, I did all the work all by myself~ that pesky Scaramouche can screw himself~," Signora said while checking out her nails, I gritted my teeth and summoned my sword as I immediately launched an attack.

"AHHH!"

I swing my sword and even used anemo to take her down but the moment I got too close to her, Signora used her cryo to freeze half of my body as I stayed in place.

"you bore me, you're no fun..." Signora said as she crossed her arms over her chest, I click my tongue and spit on her face.

AUTHOR POV.

Signora gritted her teeth and raised her hand to slap Aether on the cheek, the slap made an echo throughout the cave, "how dare you! HOW DARE YO---", As Signora was about to completely freeze Aether and kill him, she was stopped by Scaramouche who claps his hands in amusement.

"you look so ugly when you're angry"

Scaramouche said while smirking at Signora's fuming red face, she clicked her tongue and decided to step outside first since she already lost her cool.

"I found them and you did nothing," Signora said as she whispered it to his ears before leaving the cave, Scaramouche frown and watched her leave.

"Well then~ what do we have here~, "Scaramouche said and glance at Aether who was still frozen, he smiled and lifted him by his chin.

"Shall we make a contract? if you want Tartaglia to stay alive"