Chapter 18

"ARGH!!!"

Childe threw another punch at Scaramouche who was not able to block it this time, he always knew that Childe was good at fighting, he was different from the rest of them. "WHERE IS HE!?!" Childe yelled and lifted Scaramouche up in the air, Zhongli could only watch from the distance as DIluc and Kaeya were guarding outside.

"I-I-I don't...know...I DON'T FUCKING KNOW!!!"

Scaramouche yelled as blood came out his mouth and nose as his face was all bruised up, Childe gritted his teeth, "wrong answer" Childe said before placing his dagger at his neck but before he could actually end his life, Zhongli interrupted him.

"Stop!"

Zhongli said as he stood in between, Childe was confused, "what?!?" He exclaimed, Zhongli sigh and gently push Childe away from Scaramouche as his grip on his shirt became loose causing Scaramouche to drop on the floor.

"I think he is telling the truth about not knowing the whereabouts of Aether," Zhongli said but Childe did not listen to him, "and am I supposed to believe that? HE WAS THE ONE WHO BROUGHT AETHER HERE!" Childe yelled and glared at Zhongli, he sighs once again knowing his anger clouded his senses.

"his...urgh...his right...I'm the one who brought Aether here but...urgh fuck that hurts..." Scaramouche stood up from the floor and looked at both Zhongli and Childe as he got their attention, "but what?!?" Childe exclaimed but when he was about to get near Scaramouche again, Zhongli had to hold him down.

"Let me finish you, damn psychopath! yes! I was the one who brought Aether here because I made a deal with him if I removed the poison from your body he will have to come with us willingly! and eventually, he did and who knows where he is right now because the last time I saw him he was with Signora! but I heard that Signora let him go... I only removed half of the poison from your body though so why is he still alive?..." Scaramouche said as he mumbled the last part, Childe looked at him in shock, "Sensei...A-Aether might be out there somewhere...he might die at this rate..." Childe said as his body began to shake, Zhongli grew worried at his mentality, "you have to calm down Childe, we will find Aeth---" Zhongli was suddenly cut off when he noticed that Childe was getting even more restless.

"what the hell...this is the first time I saw him like this..." Scaramouche thought as he slowly back away since he took that opportunity to escape, "now that is a good look on you Childe." Diluc said and walk towards them, Childe glared at Diluc and click his tongue.

"Can't you see I'm worried about hi---"

"We are all worried about Aether now why don't you snap out of that shitty head of yours and try to think where he could have gone," Diluc said while tying Scaramouche since he saw him trying to escape, Childe hated to admit it but Diluc was right, he sighs and slaps himself.

"Okay! here is the plan."

As Childe shared his part of the plan, all of them agreed on splitting for now and once they find Aether they will have to send a signal using their visions, Childe wore the fatui uniform that Zhongli used once he was done putting on the coat. He stared at the fatui mask, Diluc noticed how Childe was only standing there, "scared?" Diluc said causing a reaction from him, Childe scoff, "no, I was never afraid of anything...it's just that...I almost forgot that I am also a fatui..." Childe said, he took a deep breath before putting on the mask.

"Let's go"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.