Chapter 20

"Is it just me or is the ground shaking?"

Childe said when he suddenly felt vibrations on his feet, Aether looked over his shoulder to see a big meteor falling from the sky, "that's just Zhongli sensei!" Aether exclaimed as he continued to run ahead of Childe.

"Left!"

Childe exclaimed earning a nod from Aether, they both turn left, they couldn't stop running not until they reach the ship that will be departing soon. When all of a sudden Aether couldn't move as he felt the coldness from his lower hips, "AETHER!" Childe exclaimed as he quickly made his way towards Aether whose legs were stuck inside the ice.

"C-Childe...I-I-I can't move...I-I-It's freezing..." Aether said, his whole body shake due to how cold it got, Childe looked at Aether filled with worry. He glanced at the ice that was slowly going up to his waist, "SIGNORA! COME OUT! YOU COWARD! ALWAYS HIDING BEHIND YOUR BODYGUARDS!" Childe exclaimed and brought out his bow, he heard her laugh from a distance. "To disobey and to disrespect our lady Tsaritsa, your punishment is death!" Signora exclaimed as she came out of the shadows with no one beside her, the once peaceful night turned to a horrifying one as Signora created a blizzard that surrounded them, there was no way one could enter the swirling blizzard without getting torn apart.

Childe gritted his teeth, he turns to look at Aether over his shoulder, he watched in horror when Aether could only show him his beautiful smile as he was slowly getting swallowed up by the ice that was made by Signora, "...I'll be fine...j-j-just...don't get hurt...okay?" Aether said and gave Childe a thumbs up, tears suddenly build around his eyes as he witnessed his beloved lover suffering from the cold.

"I swear I'm going to get you out! I promise! don't go anywhere okay?"

Childe exclaimed, Aether giggled, "where else am I going? I'm basically frozen..." Aether said along with a smile, Childe could no longer laugh at his sense of humour, the only thing he felt right now was his fuming anger towards Signora.

Signora gag when she saw Childe giving Aether a kiss on the forehead before he put his attention to her, "goodness, you're disgusting." Signora said with a smirk, Childe chuckle and summoned his two hydro vision daggers.

"Remember how I laugh at you when you couldn't even lay a finger on me?"

Signora's eyes twitch when she remembered the days when they were only trainees, "bringing up the past now aren't we?" Signora said but behind her calm face, she was raging in anger, Childe chuckle.

"Yeah, I was just thinking if I can still see that ugly devastated face of yours when I defeat you." 

Childe said as his smile grew, even more, wider, the joy of seeing her break in character was bliss. "STOP IT! I GREW STRONGER AND I CAN DEFINITELY DEFEAT YOU NOW!" Signora yelled, her anger towards Childe rises, the swirling blizzard that surrounded them grew bigger and it messed up Childe's vision but it did not bother him, instead he laugh at her being pathetic.

"I'll let the whole world know just how helpless and pathetic you are! now then~ that'll be a good sight to see"

Childe said along with a smirk, he heard Signora yelled in anger as she raises her hand and created an ice-filled with deadly spikes, Childe was able to dodge her attack due to how great his speed is. "RUNNING IS POINTLESS!" Signora yelled as she continued her attack without stopping but the moment she turned around, she saw Childe switching to his other weapon and immediately aimed his arrow towards her.

Childe released the arrow, and he thought it hit her but he underestimated his poor skills when it comes to archery, Childe click his tongue and immediately went around her blind spot, the area was completely covered with sharp edges of ice and it made him worry about Aether since he wasn't able to move him.