Chapter 15

"urgh...Aether..."

Childe slowly opened his eyes as he adjusted his vision, the last thing he could remember was that he got stabbed in the stomach by Signora's weapon and fell unconscious because it had poison in it.

"urgh...ow..." Childe forced himself to get up and ignored the pain in his stomach, he looked around the empty room, Childe pursed his lips together and immediately left the bed only to stumble on his own two feet and fall on the ground.

As soon as Barbara heard some ruckus upstairs, she hurriedly went up to the second floor and opens the door to see Childe trying to walk. "you still can't get up yet!" Barbara exclaimed as she tried to put Childe back in the bed but she was pushed away by him.

"g-get out of my way...Aether...Aeth---"

"...he's gone..."

Childe paused for a moment before he turned around and lifted Barbara from the ground, "WHAT DO YOU MEAN!?!" Childe exclaimed but Barbara was too scared to answer him as she was shaking in fear or her other reason is that he was a Fatui.

"ANSWER ME---"

Childe was soon interrupted when Jean came in and knocked him out by hitting his pressure point in the neck, Barbara was now no longer in his grasp as she immediately ran to her sisters' side.

"Jean...t-thank you..."

Jean bit the insides of her cheeks and hugged her tightly, she was thankful enough to Lisa who told her to check on Childe, "you should go check on Paimon, she's already awake" Jean said and put her hand on top of Barbara.

"Yes!" Barbara exclaimed but the hint of fear was still there, when Barbara left, Jean began to pick Childe from the ground and carried him with ease.

"hup!"

Jean immediately place him down gently but because of his weight, his body collided with the bed with a loud flop.

"Jean? is everything alright? I saw Barbara and she was really spooked..." Lisa said and enter the room to see Jean cracking her shoulders, "the moment I got here...he was already awake and I saw him lifting Barbara up in the air and I did what a sister must do...I hit him on his neck...I should've not done that... he's been asleep for 3 days because of that poison inside his body..." Jean said and crossed her arms against her chest and sat on one of the chairs, Lisa sigh and held the book she was holding tightly.

"Jean, I received a report coming from one of Kaeya's men...and...uh..."

Lisa pursed her lips together, Jean glance at her to see her hesitant face.

"what is it?"

Lisa sigh and lean her back against the wall.

"someone saw Aether with a Fatui leaving with a ship..."

"WHAT?!?"

|| TIME SKIP ||

"Paimon is telling you to wake up!"

Paimon exclaimed as she began slapping his face, Childe gasp and jolted up from the bed causing Paimon to back away. "AETHER! WHERE'S AETHE---" Childe was soon interrupted when Paimon slaps him across his cheeks.

"Calm down! now Paimon feels more in pain!" Paimon exclaimed as she regretted moving her tiny arms since it was injured, Childe flinch and looked down.

"s-sorry...but where's Aether? is he okay?!!" Childe exclaimed as he waited for an answer but Paimon remained silent and moved away from him a little, Childe's heart sunk the moment he saw her devastated face. He gritted his teeth, "...they took him away right?" Childe mumbled earning a nod from Paimon.

The door opened to reveal Jean along with Diluc and Kaeya, "we already have a lead to where they would be taking Aether but we are not 100% sure..." Diluc said and leaned against the wall, Kaeya nodded in agreement.

"Cooperate with us Fatui and you'll be able to get Aether back into your arms again" 

Kaeya said as he spread a small smile, Childe continued to glare at them, he knows where they would be taking Aether and he wants to find him alone but because of his injury, he had to take the offer.

Childe sigh and nodded.

"I know where they will be taking Aether..."

"Where?" Jean said and stood in front of Childe.

"Snezhnaya..."

-----

Just to let you all know! since Snezhnaya is not yet released, I'll be creating my own story plot there! I hope you don't mind though! I based it on the leak map I saw.