Chapter 8: Meeting

Athy's POV

"We present, His Majesty, Claude De Alger Obeila," The announcer said, and the nobles started straightening their backs, " And Her Majesty The Crown princess, Athanasia de Alger Obelia. "

The nobles got confused by the latter, and were even more flustered when a ten year old entered the room on the hands of the cold blooded emperor.

The same bastards as the last time.

Long time no see~

Claude sat on his throne, and Athanasia on his lap.

"Before we begin, I'd like to introduce to you my heiress, my offspring." Claude declared, making the nobles gasped.

The reason why was because no one knew about Athanasia till she was 14.

"Greetings." I said with a sly smile.

Now let's begin.

I then noticed the Duke Alfeus raise his hand.

"What?" Claude acknowledged the man.

"Seeing that his majesty actually has an offspring, don't you think there might be a possibility... that there's another one?" He suggested.

He's talking about Jeannette.... But she wasn't a biological daughter of Claude..

I waited for Claude's response.

"Stop talking nonsense." He glared at the duke.

"I'm just saying that maybe-"

"No, I only have one offspring." Claude insisted.

"Y-yes.." The duke looked uncomfortable.

"Let's begin?" I said in a child-like voice.

"Y-yes, your highness.." All the nobles muttered.

However, before we even began, another hand was raised.

"What now?" Claude said in an irritated tone.

"Pardon me, but I don't think our topic for today is appropriate for a child."

"I'm hurt... Does.. The mister think I'm dumb.?" I pretended to cry as I buried myself closer to Claude.

"That's not what I...-"

"Don't question the royals, Duke Alfonso." I threatened him.

Well, that seemed to shut him up.

I remember that that man was the anti imperialist one.

-------------

"Tsk. A mere incompetent princess who can't even speak properly is ruling us now?" Duke Alfonso said.

"You shouldn't speak badly of the imperia-" I tried to say, but the duke once again interrupted me.

"You call yourself a part of the imperial family? You don't even have a knight with you, and his majesty does not consider you his daughter. How laughable. " He snickered together with everyone else.

"Please, I-"

----------------------

The memory fueled up my anger.

I'll make you pay today.

"Ehem.. Today we'll talk about the issues of the west." Duke Alfonso said.

"I was anointed to list the issues," The Duke Alpheus said and cleared his throat, "And I will do just that."

"First off, the drought in the west, we barely have any crops in there, and citizens are dying. Secondly, western gangs, and terrorists are ruining our crops. Thirdly, famine in the west." Duke Alpheus said clear, and loud.