Chapter 18: Odd..

Lucas's POV

Annoying.

I came back with a good mood only to be ruined again instantly.

I was pinned on the wall by Athanasia, and had my hopes up, but it turns out she had very bad news.

She always talks about her father. Dad this, dad that. But seriously, what about me?

Annoying.

The blonde cried in my arms for what felt like forever.

As soon as she settled down, we talked.

Damn it. Did that brunette do anything this time?

"It's okay." She said.

I could tell it's all pretense.

Does she think I'm an idiot that can't see through that?

"You really.." I tried to say, but although I may be a jerk sometimes, I'm actually nice. >:^

"It's fine, really." The blonde repeated.

You're holding your tears back again.

Like when I first saw her, except she was letting it all out.

I then hugged her.

I could tell she was confused and surprised while I was here, blushing.

Am I crazy? Why am I blushing in this situation?! I'm just helping her out.. As a friend! (A-adrien? Is that you?)

"What, what?" She muttered.

"You know very well it's not fine." I said, hugging her tighter.

I want to be the person that you don't have to hide your emotions and thoughts from.

Let me be that person.

"I.." Athy said.

Oh, you better not make any excuses.

"Actually, forget what I said earlier. You can cry all you want. As long as you're with me, as long as it's my shoulder you're leaning on, you can cry forever, cry a river, I don't care." I said, comforting her, and preventing her from making any excuses.

Thinking about it, it was embarrassing for me to say that, but who cares? This isn't the situation to be prideful. I kinda already lost my pride when I let myself hug a girl first instead of it being the other way around.

But I suppose it should be different with her.

I was so close to saying I liked her, but I knew this wasn't the right time.

Only a bastard would further complicate the feelings of a girl when she's already down.

I snapped out of my thoughts when she finally cried.

"That's right... It's okay to cry sometimes." I said, rubbing her back in circles.

She thanked me while crying, and I was more than happy to help her.

I sighed in my mind. (Ik it sounds weird but bear with me)

Why are you always crying whenever I see you?

I'm not complaining though, because doesn't that mean she find me comfortable to express herself around?

Yes, I believe so.

I smiled to myself.

(*cough* the times she cried around you were the times she thought she was alone- you just so happened to be around- *cough*)

Jeannette's POV

After uncle introduced me to papa, I was moved in the emerald palace.

This is all too sudden...

I sighed as I laid on my bed and stared at the ceiling.

I'm really glad I can finally be with my family, but...

I could sense that my little sister, Athanasia, wasn't in a very good position.

In fact, papa even wanted to move her to a different palace as I was going to move in, but I insisted to let her stay because I don't want to burden her..

I was to have a tea time with papa again.

The thought of him liking my company really made me feel warm inside.

I was happy.

As I was thinking about my circumstances, a knock was heard.

"Ah.. Yes?" I sat up.

"Your highness, we must get ready for your tea time with his majesty." The maid said.

"Oh, right.." I smiled sheepishly.

I stood up and fixed myself, then I headed to my destination.

"Hi, papa!" I greeted the blond man sitting on the other side of the table, and he responded with a nod.

I sat down and started to strike up a conversation.

So far, it was a pleasant one.

Of course, until I mentioned Athy..

"Why must you mention that wench?"

"Ah... I..." I was at loss for words.

Why is he like this?

"Papa, why..."

"Why what?"

"..Nevermind." I shook my head.

There must be something going on..

As far as I knew, papa cherished Athy, and if he suddenly changed his mind now I will try and prevent it.

After all, how could anyone hate Athy?

I remember seeing her during the debutante, and I was truly mesmerized. It was as if she knew we were sisters?

I then shook my head inwardly.

There's no way..

Speaking of the debutante.. Right after the big event, uncle brought home a man who seemed to resemble papa a lot.

How, though?

It wasn't like he had blonde hair, he didn't even have blue eyes, let alone a jeweled one.

I couldn't figure out why I see a resemblance.

Upon remembering the man who I call, 'Mister', I looked up at the blonde man in front of me and said, "Papa, did you have any siblings?"

"Why do you ask?" He said, taking a sip from his tea.

"Uhm... Nothing, just curious." I lied.

"I did, he said, "I killed him."

He said it so nonchalantly that I nearly choked on my tea.

Cough- Cough-

He.. killed his brother?

I was horrified. Who in the world would want to kill their own family?

I cautiously glanced at papa, and I caught him staring at me intensely.

As if he's waiting to see my reaction..

"As... As I thought.. Papa must be so strong." I complimented him.

Urk- What kind of person compliments someone right after they confessed they killed their sibling?!

I was fidgeting, thinking of what to say.

"No, what I mean was- I-" I stammered on my words.

"How odd." Papa said, looking at me with interest.

I assume that means he liked my reaction.?

I then flashed him a bright smile, hiding my fear away.

What a disaster...