Chapter 9: Blood

Athy's POV

"So you really enjoyed Lippe tea ever since that day, huh?" Claude commented while I took a sip from my Lippe tea.

"Don't state the obvious." I shrugged.

We had our typical tea parties again. With Claude trying to roast the heck out of me, and me insulting the ever living life out of him.

"Ah! About the companion.." I started.

"You've thought of someone else now..?" Claude frowned.

"Well, yes. I want someone that's a powerful magician, and I want him to have red eyes, and black hair wearing a cape, oh and I want his name to start with the letter L, and end with the letter S." I informed him.

"The detail tells me that you're looking for a specific person." He said, making me flinch.

I can't let him know Lucas trespassed..

"Well, those are just my standards." I shrugged.

"Hmm.. If you say so." He said, looking dissatisfied.

"Alright." I smiled.

However, I felt something in my heart, as if something was forming. I held up my hand against my chest, and I couldn't feel my heart beat.

What the..

"Y-your highness.. I don't feel so goo-"

Before I could even finish my sentence, I threw up.

"Urgh... Huh?" I thought I was just having a fever, but I threw up blood.
My vision blurred, and I felt myself tilting before everything turned black.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A lady?

A beautiful, fairy-like woman sat on a chair beside the window.

But... why is she crying?

The blonde woman with hot pink eyes looked perfect in every way, but for her tears. The woman simply looked at the window as she sobs quietly.

For some reason, my heart tightened for the woman.

I'm sorry, miss fairy..

And with that, the dream ended.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Athanasia!" I heard a voice as I regained my consciousness.

"C-claude..?" I said, weakly.

As soon as I snapped back to reality, an immense pain hit me, making me scream in pain.

"Athanasia..!" He looked desperate.

"Claude.. It hurts.. It hurts..!" I sobbed.

"What did you do?!" I could hear Claude scolding someone.

"I-I just let her regain h-her consciousness..!" The man was afraid.

"Then why is she hurting?!"

"I-it's just because she's awake that now she can t-the pain, your majesty..!"

Claude sighed deeply and said, "Send him to the dungeons until further notice. Kill him if this child dies."

"Y-your majesty, please..!-"

THUD-

"Claude.. help me... help me.." I kept repeating the sentence while I sob.

"Sleep."

"I can't..-"

Claude touched my forehead, and I then fell asleep instantly.

----------------------

When I woke up, everything was fine, although my dream was a very brief moment of seeing miss fairy again, but this time smiling.

However, the Lucas whom I was looking for was in front of me.

"Huh? Sir Lucas?" I immediately sat up in surprise.

"Calm down." He hissed.

"Y-yeah, sorry." I scratched the back of my head.

"Anyway.. Why are you here?" I finally asked.

"I was the one that healed you." He smiled.

"Really?" I looked at him with a shine in my eyes.

"Yep. Told you I was a great magician." He boasted.

"Yeah, I can see that." I smiled faintly.

I then noticed Lucas staring at me.

"..What?" I asked.

"..I thought you'd argue back, but oh well." He said as he stretched his arms.

He then snapped his fingers, and he unexpectedly became a child that looked the same age as me.

This is it!

"Your dad's coming." Lucas whispered, and the door opened.

"Athanasia!" Claude sprinted towards me.

"Claude?" I stared at him in surprise as I never saw him this uneasy.

Then the man knelt in front of me, and I was incredibly uncomfortable.

"Uhh... Umm..." I slightly panicked.

"Are you okay?" He asked with a gentle voice, and when I looked at his eyes, I saw the genuine concern he was showing for me, and I immediately thought, since when did he change?

"I'm fine, thanks to Sir Lucas." I glanced at Lucas.

"Princess.. I believe this child.. Matches your description in every way." Felix said.

"Description?" Lucas scrunched up his nose.

"Ahahaha... I-I see." I felt uneasy.

"Do you want him to be your playmate?" Claude asked.

"Yes." I said clearly.

This is it.

After I told them I needed rest with my new playmate, Lucas, they left the room.

"Hey, what are they talking about with the description thing?" Lucas asked.

"...I kinda was searching for you after our second encounter.." I sàid, looking away.

"Oh? Did you miss me then?" He smirked.

"Don't you dare..! I'm still a child.!" I pointed at him.

"What? I was merely saying as friends. What did the princess think?" He smirked once again.

"Yes. As friends.." I muttered, frustrated at myself, and Lucas chuckled.

"You truly need a rest, princess." He said, pushing me down on the bed.

"Don't touch me without my permission," I glared at him, "and I know your tricks. You only want all the cookies for yourself."

"Tch. Why do you have to be so sharp?" Lucas groaned.

"And I thought you said I was stupid?"

"Shut up and rest." He said, before casting a spell which made me fall asleep.