- 𝟎𝟏𝟏

ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ [ ᴀᴛʟᴀɴᴛᴀ, ɢᴀ]
ᴘᴏᴠ [ 1ꜱᴛ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ]

𝙺𝚒𝚎𝚟𝚎 𝙰𝚝𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚊 𝙺𝚒𝚗𝚐↳ 𝙼𝚘𝚘𝚔

𝙺𝚒𝚎𝚟𝚎 𝙰𝚝𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚊 𝙺𝚒𝚗𝚐
↳ 𝙼𝚘𝚘𝚔

"you celebratin your birthday this year bubby?" i asked lijah who shook his head no.

"why not?" mama asked him as she placed her hand to her hip.

"cause ion want too, i done did everything and i ain't really feelin it this year." he mumbled.

"you said that last year, you bout ta be twenty man." daddy told him and he shrugged.

"just another day ta me." he said and mama creased her eyebrows while looking at him.

"another day? you was born that day and you should celebrate because you got ta see another one. you know how many black boys ain't even live ta see sixteen? boy, you blessed." she said and i looked to see elijah lowering his head.

daddy went over to him and picked up his head before mumbling something to him which made him nod and mumble something back.

"leave it be troy." daddy said and mama sucked her teeth.

"leave it be? he ain't celebrate his birthday since he was what? ten? all because of that trifling ass mama a yours, all i'm sayin is he should be happy that he's alive ta see another year of livin that's all. but shit, what do i know." she cut the stove off and left the kitchen.

if i wasn't confused before, i most definitely confused now chile. all i knew was that our "grandma" recked lijah's fourth birthday party and then after he turned ten he just never celebrated his birthday after that.

i found it weird but never questioned it because i didn't think it was my place, and i didn't wanna upset lijah because he didn't like when people asked his personal questions a lot. i ain't people, but still.

"how mad you think she is?" lijah asked daddy who shook his head.

"ion even wanna know." they had a quiet conversation before lijah got up and came over to me.

he kissed my forehead and left the house, wait a damn minute! we was supposed to go get ice cream. sigh, sad face.

"can you tell me what's goin on?" i asked daddy.

"ain't nothin serious, ya'll mama just take stuff like that seriously especially because a what been happenin lately wit all them black boys dyin and shit." he "explained".