{ Chapter 45 }

Clary's POV

Everything was a warm white. There was no sky, ground, walls or horizons; just glowing white and a humming silence. I was floating in it but felt as if there was solid ground under my feet. I felt safe yet my chest was cold with an emotion I couldn't place.

I was wearing a long white dress, it's fabric touching my skin but I couldn't feel it. Everything felt odd and a sense of panic began to bud in my mind. Where was I?

"Clarissa Albus." A deep ghost of a voice floated through my head and made me jump. "Daughter of Kane and Lavina. Pureblooded Alpha and Mate to Issac Woods." My heart was hammering and I spun around multiple times trying to find the voice's owner. I couldn't remember how I got here. All I could remember was falling. Falling and then waking up here.

"Where am I?" I yelled into the whiteness. My voice sounded different as if I was hearing it from far away. I kept spinning in circles trying to find a way out of this infinite sea of silence and white.

I spun around one last time and almost screamed at what had appeared.

Four white wolves had materialized out of no where. They were beautiful and I knew exactly who they were. The four pureblooded werewolves that started our species. I learned of them when I was little.

They were the purest and strongest wolves and my eyes flickered to each of there's. I knew one of them was the one who started this all and fell in love with a human, leaving his or her pack and starting the race of halfbloods. We all knew about that wolf but never spoke of them.

They each had a different eye color. Black, brown, yellow and grey. I looked at the black-eyed one and saw my reflection in it's shinning pupils.

"Where am I." I repeated.

"Where ever you'd like to think you are, Clarissa." A different, higher pitched voice echoed in my mind and I felt a shiver run up my spine. Their voices were so strong and pure and it felt as if my mind was too much of a mundane place for it to be. The magnificence of their presence was causing me to be paralyzed.

"What happened?" I questioned softly. I felt my hands begin to shake. Their eight eyes continued to burn holes in me. None of them were blinking.

"We have some things to show you." Another powerful voice entered my head and I straightened up. "Some things that will help you decide."

"Decide what?" I immediately asked. My voice was still odd, as if it were echoing far away from me. Confusion had officially washed over my entire body and I couldn't process a thing. I just wanted to get out of here.

"Where to go." A softer voice floated into my head after my question.

I didn't reply, I just twisted my fingers together trying to hide the shaking and stood in front of the four white wolves; utterly confused and increasingly panicked.

Then something breathtaking happened. The purebloods vanished. I take a step and that's when the white on every side explodes into color, sound and life. The warmth disappeared and I was in a familiar place. The Saltus pack house.

My feet found the dirt ground and I steadied myself. I was in the backyard by the gurgling pond and pine trees rose up behind me like dark green statues, their branches swaying in the wind. Something felt different though, I thought.

I was left standing barefooted in my white dress alone, my eyes gazing at the pack house. Everything felt cold and the sun was sinking below the horizon in the distance.

Then I heard a little boy's laugh. It was a wonderful sound and my heart flipped in my chest as its owner came into view.

A small child, his brown hair messy and long, ran out into the backyard; the setting sun casting shadows in his green eyes. Issac, my mind said, that's Issac.