{ Chapter 15 }

Clary's POV

The cool, smooth leather from the couch I was sitting upon pressed against my skin; I was currently in the living room of the pack house, my legs pulled up to my chest and chin resting on my knees.

I stared down the hallway from my place on the couch, my eyes settling on the large doors at the end; the ones leading to Alpha Marcus' office. Behind the double doors was also his two sons, their 'important meeting' pretty much cleared out everyone, except me.

The silence around the large home was unsettling me, they had been small talking but now I could only hear steady breathing and uncomfortable shifts in movement. A slow intake of breath sounded and Tobias began to speak, his voice low and steady.

"I didn't sleep last night, I was out running borders when I saw them." He spoke

"Saw who?" A rush went over my skin sending scattered goosebumps over my body as Issac's voice replied.

"You know, them. I went close to their borders and they we literally right there." Tobias stated. The last part of his sentence he said threw clenched teeth, as if he hated saying the words out loud. "Kane himself was there and they we just- just standing there."

A animalistic growl sounded from behind the doors, I quickly identified it as Alpha Marcus'; his temper flaring up at the fact that the Purum pack had been so close last night.

"What did you do? Did they see you?" Issac snapped. Closing my eyes I could picture his forest green eyes swirling with gray, and the shaking of his hands as he clenched them into fists; the muscles on his arms becoming prominent.

Snapping back into the conversation I focused my enhanced hearing on the talking once more; trying to push down the nudging thoughts of my Mate.

"-And ran like hell back home." I caught the end of Tobias' sentence. "If they did see me, they didn't do anything about it."

"I'm assigning more border patrol nearest to the line of our pack and theirs for the time being, we cant have any interferences with the plan or unexpected ambushes." Alpha Marcus spoke lowly. His strong leadership qualities bursting through his current anger to help keep his people safe.

"There is one more thing, something that is pretty much the main reason I wanted to bring up this whole situation to you two for..." Tobias spoke. I had thought they were done talking after the Alpha's orders, but he kept speaking; his tone so quiet I had ease off the couch and tiptoed closer to the hallway.

"And that is?" Alpha Marcus spoke.

"Clary." Tobias spoke. I sucked in a quick breath, suddenly caught of guard and extra engaged into where this 'important meeting' was going.

A drawn out and low growl came from Issac, the name of his Mate coming out of his brother accusing mouth making him temperamental. I think everyone who spent more than a couple minutes in the same room as me and Tobias could tell how he felt about my presence. He thought I was one of the worst thing that happen to this pack.

"What do you mean, 'Clary'?" Issac spat. He said my name accusing, daring his brother to explain his reluctance to continue. Opening up the obvious wound that was me and Issac relationship was something really, only Tobias and Alpha Marcus tested. The act of questioning the Alpha-to-be was something no one, not even Nina, Rosaline, or Lucas ever did, or dared to do.

"I didn't see her, but she had definitely been there or was there that night. Her scent was so close I could've swore she-" Tobias started to justify his words, failing as Issac's roar of a voice interrupted his.