{ Chapter 33 }

Kane's POV

"Alpha Woods is still alive, father. Spies on the borders have confirmed." My son said slowly, his jaw clenched tight and eyes looking down. He looked so much like me, but lacked my confidence and authority; something he'd have to acquire if he wanted to take over the greatest pack known to wolf-kind.

I growled lowly, and looked out into the distance. We were standing on one of the highest parts of the mountains, the air thin and cold around us. My eyes narrowed at the never ending forests below, the home of humans and half-bloods. It disgusted me to live so close to them, but that would change soon. Once they were dead and gone, my pack would spread beyond our mountains.

My Wolf was pacing in my mind, upset that our trap to kill Issac Woods and Clary hadn't worked. We had sent a note to the Mayor saying we were sending men to kill him; knowing that Issac would be visiting the human settlement that day. I heard the screams and gun shots from miles away, and was disappointed that they had survived.

"We still stick with the plan." I said, my voice low. "We attack tomorrow at sundown, and the Alphas will be my first targets. Make sure everyone is prepared, no one isn't fighting."

"But the children-" Zak started.

"All of those who have shifted are eligible to fight." I cut him off abruptly. "The rest can stay here and wait for our return." I hated when people questioned me, especially on things I've already covered.

Zak crossed his arms and nodded. He had been so distant after Clarissa had left us, and I didn't understand it. She was a traitor, one that we couldn't pity or try to save. I had chosen to ignore my son's distress, an focus on the up coming war.

"Also, the Mayor is dead." Zak added after a lengthy silence. "And Clary is the one who killed him."

A smile broke out on my face. "I guess my daughter isn't as cowardly as I thought." My voice trailed off, excited with the murderous genes I had passed onto her. It was time she realized killing the humans was the easy and effective option. But she had still left the pack, and for that I would never accept her.

Zak took in a deep breath and then exhaled, a white cloud of breath circling his face. "Get some rest son, you look tired, and I won't have tired warriors." I snapped at him.

"I don't think the kind of tired I am can be helped by rest." He replied, his dark brown hair blowing back from the wind. I didn't understand his words and after a few moments, he turned his back on me; walking back down towards the village.

I growled to myself, not caring for anyone but myself and the security of my pack. I had to kill every wolf that wasn't pure. I had to eradicate them so the powerful blood in my veins would never be tainted by humans or half-bloods. And I would start with my daughter and her Mate.

My claws were itching to kill and my teeth were desperate to sink into my enemies. And by sundown tomorrow, my desires would be fulfilled.

Clary's POV

"Sister, where are you." A familiar voice entered my head out of the blue and sent a shock of panic throughout my nerves. It was Zak. I had bolted straight up out of my sleep and now held a bed sheet close to me; my fingers clutching it tightly.

Issac napped soundlessly next to me, his chest rising and falling and arm draped across the spot on the bed where I'd just been. The room was darkening with the sunset, and when I looked at the digital clock it read four o'clock in the evening."I'm in the pack house. Zak, what is it?" I replied quickly, shutting my eyes so I could concentrate.

"It's going to happen. Soon." He said slowly, his voice strong yet wavering with sadness. My panic was replaced with the thump of realization of what he was saying. The plan my brother and I had created had to start. I had told the whole plan to Issac about an hour ago, while we were alone and curled close in his bed. I didn't predict we'd have to begin tonight, though. I knew this war was coming, I just didn't like thinking it could be this soon.