{ Chapter 6 }

Nina's POV

I was on high alert, waiting for something to happen; anything to happen. Issac had disappeared into the thick fog over to where Clary had gone to shift and change.

The cool air from the night started to warm up as the sun was breaking through the trees, reaching our bodies as we stood anxiously all together.

I was relived that our future Alpha had found the one girl that was to help lead our pack. Seeing as the way things were going with his father, Marcus; he would take over soon. And none of us wanted him to do it alone. 

I had yet to see Clary in her human form, but she is witty, yet kind natured; which made me feel she was to make a great Luna along side Issac. What I really hoped was that she wouldn't reject him.

Issac can be pretty demanding, and hard to read at times; which makes him give off the of kind aura you don't want to mess with. His feelings towards having a Mate were pretty set and stone, he didn't think he needed one.

But as of a couple minutes ago, those feelings seemed to vanish into the foggy air around us.

My twin brother, Lucas, took a couple steps forward cautiously, towards where the forest started and the clearing ended; where Clary and Issac were.

I whimpered slightly hearing a low growl that I immediately identified as Issac's.

All my fellow pack members and I made our way over to where they were, the tension and curiosity pushing us to see what was going on.

As the fog cleared, almost like it was making a path, I made out two figures; standing mere inches apart. Their bare feet standing on the matted down dead grass, chests rising and falling in sync.

The had met, and from what I heard about Mates, it was like they were the only ones in this clearing.

Clary's POV

Perfection. Pure, untainted perfection; that was what I had seen with my glassy blue eyes the second I stepped out from behind the tree.

"Mate" My Wolf purred happily into my cluttered mind.

His dark green eyes once flickering with disbelief, now only contained lust and admiration. We had only just met, but there was no doubt what I was seeing right.

The edge of his dilated pupils were turning dark gray with happiness, mixing with the forest green. Imagining mine were turning a lighter shade of blue for the same reason, a slight shiver racked my body.

My Wolf howled at this moment, and I wasn't surprised. Issac was meeting our gaze, half naked and standing within touching distance of my shaking hands. His sculpted chest rose and fell with mine and we said nothing. With someone else, this situation might have been uncomfortable; but with him, I never wanted to look away.

I knew I probably looked like a mess right now, I had been running almost all night and really needed a shower. You could still make out the deep wound on my leg from earlier as well.

A slight blush rose up onto my cheek, giving color to my once pale and shocked face. 

Issac's un-readable face made me nervous, but I felt warmth fill me once I noticed the corner of his perfect mouth was turning up into a slight smirk.

My widened eyes looked to his large hand as it was lifted to my long dark brown hair. A stray piece that had been blown forward, was tucked behind my ear.

I found myself leaning into his gentle touch, wanting to feel more of the amazing, foreign sparks that exploded from his finger tips brushing my ear.