{ Chapter 4 }

Clary's POV

The sharp snap of a branch brought me back from my drifting mind. One of the men in front of me had stepped on a fallen branch as we made our way through the thick forest. Looking around I was surround by the people I had grown up to despise.

They hadn't personally done anything to me, but they have been plotting against my father ever since I could remember.

I was numb, walking but not really moving my own legs. I tried to ignore the uncomfortable feeling of dried mud on my once flawless fur.

My hind legs were still healing, a sandy haired guy had apologized for injuring me so badly. I shook him off but appreciated how sincere this pack was. I sighed as I treaded on with a limp, thinking about what was to come.

The information I had just received was a lot to handle being the girl I was. What is to happen with Elijah? Wolves aren't suppose to have arrange marriages. That is what I have been telling myself ever since the day I found out I was to be his wife.

I cannot, and will definitely not, marry him now that My Wolf knows Issac exists.

Issac. His name was instantly tattooed into my mind. I wanted to shout it out and see him for myself, have him all to myself. Tobias had told me he was Issac's younger brother, and I wondered if they looked anything alike. I wondered if they had the same handsome face or touchable brown hair.

Literally shaking my head, I tried to stop all of these mind-consuming thoughts. I really needed to get a hold of myself, this feeling of need was foreign to me and I had yet to decide if I liked it or not.

I haven't had a lot of experience with boys. Elijah didn't count seeing as his attempt at affection was just dragging me around with him everywhere, me  practically being connected to his side.

The thought that my Mate was part of this pack had occurred to me as I decided to make this journey to fulfill my orders. But I pushed it away, feeling like that would be highly unlikely and a huge inconvenience.

"Finding our Mate is most definitely not a huge inconvenience." My Wolf's love-struck voice responded to my thoughts.  She had been rather quiet, mainly focused on getting to our Mate as soon as possible.

"Yeah, well, lets see what's about to happen. We were supposed to lay low but instead we are now making our way to Alpha Marcus himself..." I huffed in annoyance, I haven't heard her talk like this, she was so determined and passionate.

Being distracted by yet another noise near by I slowly lifted my heavy head. Much to my relief a girl about my age stepped out of the forest and up to Tobias. Sighing, I looking at her, she was a natural beauty.

Her caramel colored locks reached to her lower back flowing around her heart-shaped face. Her dark eyebrows reminded me of mine, but hers completed her look. The girl's light brown eyes met mine over Tobias' muscular shoulder. Her look was concentrated, but flickering at the sight of me.

"This is the girl? She looks like she's been through hell and back. How long has she been in wolf form Toby?" She asked, truly concerned. The moonlight showed me she was wearing a tank top and shorts, her bare feet unflinching on the prickly grass of the clearing.

"Ever since we found her, and I'm not sure how long before; she's pretty shaken up, Nina." Tobias ran a hand through his hair as he responded to the girl; whose name I now knew was Nina.

"Well first things first, she needs clothes. She isn't going to shift back around all of you, I should also probably get a look at her legs, I'm surprised she's walking..." Her concerned form brushed past Tobias towards me. I pricked up my ears and snapped my head to her.