{ Chapter 22 }

Clary's POV

I watched the white curtains flutter in the winter breeze as it came through my window; it was the middle of the night but I couldn't even consider sleep.

The room I was staying in at the pack house was smaller than Issac's, and it didn't have the large floor-to-ceiling windows that I loved. It was lonely and it brought back memories of my last stay here, ones I was trying for so long to forget.

My Wolf was anxious in my mind and I wasn't going to try and calm her down, it was useless.

I sat up and sighed. I knew there was a guard outside my door and this was probably not one of my brightest ideas. But, I desperately needed to get up and do something right now, I didn't care if it was midnight.

Getting up and adjusting my hoodie, I tiptoed over to the door and creaked it open. To my surprise my so-called guard was completely out cold, his soft snores telling me he pasted out a while ago.

The hallway was as dark as my bedroom but I maneuvered it with ease; even though I didn't have a specific destination. My mind wandered along with my feet as I walked through the deserted house.

"You're going to Issac's room." My Wolf spoke into my mind. Stopping sort, I noticed I was, indeed, only two doors away from Issac's now.

I stood and stared at the door, picturing what was behind it. My Mate tangled in the white sheets with messy bed-hair and no one by his side.

My feet moved before I could make a choice and my hand lifted to the doorknob, turning it and nudging the door open. Issac's scent hit me and my anxiousness instantly went away, My Wolf purring in contentment as I stepped inside the dark bedroom.

My heart ached and a small smile grew on my lips as I looked to the king-sized bed in the middle of the room.

Issac was laying on his stomach and had his head nestled in the crook of his arm, his back rising and falling with low breaths. The moonlight from his huge window reflected off his bare skin and my eyes traveled all over his body, noticing every shadow and muscle.

My Wolf whimpered. "Go to him." I shook my head, no, I couldn't do that. He wouldn't want me to I thought to myself, I had to leave, this was stupid-

Loud shouts and footsteps sounded and my thoughts were cut off. I moved faster than I thought possible back out into the hallway and opened another door to hide behind.

Relief washed over me as I noticed the bedroom was empty, I shut the door and leaned up against it; listening with my sharp hearing as thundering footsteps came racing up the stairs.

I smelled about three new people come into the hallway, pass my door and stop at Issac's. My heart was hammering I was cursing myself for coming to Issac's room. How many stupid choices can I make?

"Alpha!" That was Lucas.

"Purum Pack on our west border, they've crossed the line." Another voice shouted. I didn't recognize it.

I heard shuffling and then Issac spoke. "Just now?"

He sounded calm, but I detected disbelief in his tone. My Mate's husky sleep voice made me shiver but their words made me extremely nervous; what was my pack doing?

"Yes, Alpha, what do we do?" Lucas asked. They all sounded so panicked, but I don't blame them.

"Clary." Issac muttered but I heard my name clear as day as it left his lips. "They're looking for Clary."

"Just hand her over, they're pissed and on our land. Right now may I add." The man's voice I didn't recognize replied.

A loud growl sounded and a thump, like someone being pushed up against a wall, sounded and I gasped behind the door as I felt the shutter of the house from the force.