{ Chapter 18 }

Clary's POV

1 month later

My paws are numb as I wander across the cold gray stone under me, I'm walking aimlessly through the pack village; large white stone houses lining the makeshift streets we had made up in the mountains.

I'm losing myself and I know it, I just didn't know it would take so long. The Mate bond is pretty much non existent at this point and its killing me.

He probably feels nothing, he probably wants to forgot everything that happened.

"Clary." A few pack-members pass by, bowing their heads in respect while gazing at me suspiciously. I nodded back and kept walking, not caring what they thought of me wandering around. It wasn't like I felt welcome back home.

I had practically failed my job as a spy, the information I had gathered had been totally useless. I growled to myself and swatted at a rock, I hated the fact that I was now completely, and utterly alone.

"We have Elijah." My Wolf spat sarcastically.

I looked up and saw him with a group females, their eyes staring at him with lust and flirtatious glances, Elijah enjoying the whole situation. But I didn't feel anything, I wasn't going to be jealous, he could do what ever he wanted.

They were standing in front of the pack house, where I had accidentally wandered to.

My white coat blew forward, carrying my scent to them through the chilled wind. Elijah lifted his head and broke away from the others, then began walking over to me.

I told myself to be respectful, but that hadn't been my stronghold when it came to my confronting my arraigned fiancée .

"Where have you been?" He asked quietly. His grey eyes bore into mine and I glared at him. I looked quickly over his shoulder and watched the girls stare at me with jealously, their dark eyes watching us.

I scoffed lowly. "Doesn't matter, I'm going inside now." I stated into his thick head, he doesn't own me. Issac does. My heart sank in my chest at the thought of him.

Backing away from Elijah, I lowered myself to the ground slightly, springing forward and landing atop the roof of the pack house.

My window was open, the silk curtains fluttering in the wind slightly. I slipped through it, not looking back.

I shifted back, my spine shortening and fur and claws disappearing, and looked in the mirror next to me. My room was simple, not very personalized but it was mine.

Sighing I ran my fingers through my unruly hair, and huffed aloud when I gave up on the tangled mess. As I stared forward I tried to imagine Issac's mark on my porcelain skin.

My thin fingers brushed over the spot where my neck met my shoulders, wishing things could've been much different. But an easy life would never be possible for someone like me.

A soft whimper in my head told me to stop thinking about him, it would only bring pain. I wanted to think about Issac all the time, what he was doing, what had happened after I left?

A loud growl from My Wolf shut up my pitiful thoughts. I shook my head and shuffled over to my dresser to get a pair of dark jeans and an old sweater, pulling them on and closing the drawer.

The sound of feet hitting the floor made me jump, I opened my mouth to scream out in surprise; but I was instantly cut off by a large hand.

My eyes took in Elijah's grey one's as he stood in front of me, one hand over my mouth and the other behind my head. I narrowed my gaze at him and bit his finger, hard.