▷ 19 ◁

It was at that moment when it felt as if time stopped, their gazes are locked directly on Taehyung with a hint of shock and sadness. This wasn't supposed to happen, they thought, it wasn't supposed to be him.

Tiger, that was their codename towards him. They met him back before they even formed the mafia, and he was the very sole reason why they have become hurt. It was a ridiculous codename, but they saw how he moved when his sight is locked on the target. His movements swaying like a predator, careful eyes observing every move of his prey. He's a predator, stalking its prey.

"Taehyung... Is that mask... Is that yours?" Hoseok hypnotizingly raised his arms and pointed at the mask with the same colors as the one that he remembered back then. The color of the osiria rose, a fleeting reminder that he was the reason behind everything.

"This?" Dread filled Hoseok, his body going still out of shock as the next words come out of his lips. Taehyung's lips. "It's mine. It's been mine since like a long time ago." The ringing is loud in his ears, he couldn't hear anything as his vision became blurred.

He couldn't function at all that properly. Everything around him is just a meaningless blur. His hands coming up to cover his mouth, a choked sob leaving him. He couldn't hear what they're saying, but he's sure that the other members are just as shocked.

It just wasn't fair. Taehyung? All this time? Were they played? But why would he do it, again? Would he leave just like before? Leave them with nothing but pain in their hearts?

"What do you mean you don't get it?" He heard Jungkook's voice echoing at the building, he could make out the underlying hurt as he spoke. "You already hurt us, so why come back? Are you going to leave again like before but with a different identity? What is wrong with you?" He is starting to crack at every question that he spats out. His hands tightly clenched into a fist.

As they look towards Taehyung, they could see the realization set in like he just connected all the dots. Yet, there was something in his expression that confuses them.

"I-" Taehyung started, "I don't remember any of you." It was as if cold water is splashed onto them, the shock spilling out of their faces. What did he mean by that? There is absolutely no way that he couldn't remember...

"You can't remember?" Yoongi stepped up, clutching a handful of Taehyung's shirt. "Or you chose not to remember?" Taehyung stared wide-eyed at Yoongi, his hands coming up to grab Yoongi's wrist.

"I can't remember." Taehyung gritted out, his jaw clenching but the slight shake in his eyes tells them otherwise. "I don't remember knowing any of you." He pushed Yoongi away.

"Just... Just stop lying to yourself." Jimin vocalized, his eyes closed shut, taking a deep breath before he opened his eyes and looked at Taehyung. "Stop lying to yourself." Frustration filled Taehyung, he ran a hand through his hair and looked away.

"I told you, I don't-" It wasn't what they expected. Not at all when Jimin rushed up towards Taehyung and pushed him harshly down on the ground, he straddled Taehyung with his left hand clutching Taehyung's shirt and the other hand raised up in a fist.

"Jimin..." Namjoon stepped forward, but before he could try and stop Jimin, the boy started shouting at Taehyung.

"I know you remember!" Jimin yelled, "You can't just forget us! You promised... You fucking promised that you will never forget us!"

"Jimin-"

"I fucking hate you!" Jimin finally crashed, his whole frame shaking as the sob racked out of his body. "I hate you, I hate you!" He hit Taehyung's chest, not enough to hurt but he kept repeating the action. "I hate you, I hate you..."