▷ 16 ◁

A knock had brought them out of their conversation, their heads snapping towards the door. They don't expect any visitors at that time so it really confused them as to who will be visiting them.

"Well? Are you getting that?" Jin stood up from the chair with a sigh, and then disappeared from behind the wall that separated it from the front room of the mansion. They could hear Jin letting out a gasp of surprise and a lot of talking before they could finally see Taehyung in view.

"Taehyung?" Baekhyun shot up from the couch in surprise, then let out a smile upon seeing Taehyung shoot him a confused glance, wondering why he's even in there.

"Why are you here?" Taehyung pointed at Baekhyun almost accusingly before shaking his head, "Actually don't answer that, I feel that I already know the answer." He continued after seeing Chanyeol sitting at the couch as well.

"What brings you here?" Yoongi spoke up, "I thought you're angry at us?" Taehyung took a deep breath, motioning for Baekhyun and Jin to sit down on the couch as he stood still at the entrance.

"Do any of you know Seventeen?" Baekhyun and Chanyeol both shared a confused glance. However, the six men seem to know them from how they all shared a knowing look.

"Why?" Jimin asked cautiously, narrowing his eyes out of suspicion from how sudden the question is.

"I heard of it." Taehyung shrugged it off, "From a past alliance of mine."

"Past alliance? You mean it's a member from your gang before?" He nodded to answer Hoseok's question. "How is he alive?" Hoseok immediately apologized after seeing Taehyung flinch when he asked the question but the other brushed it off and told him that it's fine.

"Look, I need all of you to help take them d-"

"No." Namjoon interrupted, "They have not done anything to us. We won't take anyone down without a reason behind it."

"Aren't you all a mafia? You kill without a reason."

"We are not that heartless." Namjoon's eyes turned cold, standing up from the couch. "Do you not remember Jin's words when you asked questions about us? We kill people but for a good reason." Taehyung's shoulder slumped down in defeat.

"Fine. If you don't want to help me then I'll take them on my own." It was as if a switch had been flipped at seeing a deadly gaze trained on his eyes. "After all, I am V, I don't need a team to bring me down." With that said, Taehyung walked away from them. All of them are shocked from hearing those words from Taehyung, they only snapped out of it when they heard that front door slam shut.

"What do we do?" Hoseok asked out of concern, yet no one knows the answer to his question.

"We fucked up this time." Yoongi ruffled his hair out of frustration.

"Oh definitely." Chanyeol gave all of them a death glare, with his arms crossed over his chest. "We better fix this. It may end up pretty ugly."

"Okay then, looks like we have some mafia things to do. The leader and two members come with me while the others chase Taehyung down and stop him from doing stupid things." Baekhyun stood up, a smile on his face as if there is no problem currently happening.

"Jungkook, Hoseok and Jin go and chase Taehyung down and stop him. Jimin and Yoongi, come with me."

"Still use some honorifics Namjoon-ah." Jin gave Namjoon a dirty look before seeing Namjoon put his hands up in defeat.

"Hyung, I still have duties as a leader and that is not the time for it." Namjoon stopped talking further to not rile up Jin even more than he already had.

"Got it." Yoongi already started walking that Jungkook had to drag Jin all alone before he could start an argument with Namjoon. That can be moved for another time, they have trouble on their hands at the moment.

"Come with me." Chanyeol and Baekhyun started trailing behind the other three as the remaining three members followed in pursuit. They do trust the two EXO members, but still they couldn't help feeling cautious around them.

"I don't know why I have been assigned to be here." Jin rambled to them, "I'm a Medic for freaks sake!"

"Hyung, calm down. We can deal with that later but for now we need to find Tae ASAP." They had just started walking towards the town, it is quite a distance and they definitely regret not taking the car but they know that they also have to survey the area to see if Taehyung is hiding or had gone on a different path and left a trail.

Jungkook suddenly snapped his head towards the directions of the trees, narrowing his eyes then scanned the area. Hoseok and Jin stopped on their tracks upon sensing Jungkook out of their side then turned their head towards the younger.

"Ju-" Hoseok immediately shut Jin up by slapping a hand over his mouth.

"JK, is there something wrong?" Hoseok asked, using the code name as they become cautious with their surroundings.

"I thought I heard something." Jungkook said, his eyes still staying at the same spot. Hoseok followed his gaze then looked around the trees.

"J-hope." Jin mumbled under the hand over his lips, he pulled it away then pointed at something. "There seems like an object reflecting light." That is enough for them to start running while hearing a gun going off from the spot where they had been standing.

"Hyung, go find Tae. I'll handle them." Jungkook separated himself from them. Jin tried to stop him but Hoseok wrapped his hand on Jin's wrist and continued running.

"We can't leave JK!"

"Hyung, have a little faith in him." Hoseok smiled at Jin, "He may be young, but he can take down whoever tries to hurt his family."

They just arrived on another level of a huge mansion. It is much bigger than where they had been living. They jumped out of the car and started walking towards the entrance with Baekhyun and Chanyeol following behind. They opened the door and entered inside. It is the exact same design as theirs but with no statues or flowers in the middle and it is much bigger than theirs.

"Hm...?" A man with a cold look on his face stopped on his tracks. In his hand, he is holding what seems to be a sniper that perks up Yoongi's attention.

"A Barrett M82," Yoongi muttered under his breath, trailing his eyes at the sniper. "With a firing range of 1,800m and a velocity of 853 meters per seconds, that is by far the best sniper as it has the ability to penetrate brick and concrete."

"Now is not the time to be telling facts hyung." Jimin stopped Yoongi, "I know how much you love guns, but we need to focus on the matter at hand."

"D.O.!" Baekhyun skipped towards Kyungsoo, swinging an arm over the man's shoulders. Kyungsoo only gave him a look that said 'what-the-hell-do-you-want' before shrugging off Baekhyun's arm. He gave a glance towards the newcomers then stalked away from them without any words being exchanged.

"Apologies, we rarely talk with one another as they are always out for a job." As if on cue, a man with an intimidating glare walked down the stairs that made Baekhyun burst into a fit of giggles out of nowhere.

"That look definitely does not suit you." The man could only glare at Baekhyun before erupting into a small smile. "These are the 3 leading members of BTS, you must already have heard of them as you are the leader, Junmyeon-hyung."

"Yes. What is it that you need?" Junmyeon nodded his head to confirm then turned to look at the 3 men.

"Have you ever heard of V before?"