Chapter 2

Callum's P.O.V.

Mum had left the house and me and Chloe were ignoring each other.

"Night," she said at about 11.

"Night," I said back. Ahh the wonderful world of conversations. I followed her up not long after and got into bed.

The next morning mum took us into school with her. Chloe was begging for us not to go. I was suspicious. I knew she hated school but this was more than that. She had done something. We followed her to her classroom so she could get us some books. Everyone was giggling and stuff.

"What have you done?" I whispered to Chloe. She was about to reply when the head, Mrs Carter, walked in.

"Miss Keane," Mrs Carter said and mum followed her out. I turned to Chloe as the class erupted with laughter.

"What the fuck have you done?" I asked her.

"Your mums got big tits," a boy said. I glared at Chloe. 

"I didn't know how to take it down," she tried to explain.

"Take what down?" I asked. A girl nearest to us, who looked like the pretty blonde girl but smaller, showed me a photo off twitter. I didn't know whether to laugh or be angry.

"You're so dead," I said to Chloe. A little while later mum stormed back and took Chloe outside. The class was chaos as it always is when there is no teacher. I grabbed a spare seat and sat down with my head in my hands. The blonde girl came over to me.

"You're Miss Keane's son?" she asked. 

"Yeah," I replied.

"I'm Missy," she told me. I smiled.

"I'm Callum," I said.

"I'm sure everything's going to be okay," Missy tried to reassure me.

"Doubt it. Chloe already got us kicked out of our dads," I told her. Missy looked shocked. Mum stormed back without Chloe.

"Callum go home with your sister," she told me. Everyone turned to look.

"Which one?" I asked. 

"Just go," she shouted. I got up.

"If you don't want us, you can just say," I yelled at her on the way out. I walked to the staff room and found Chloe.

"Thanks a lot," I said. We got a taxi home and waited the long hours for mum to get home and murder Chloe.

"I made tea," Mum said when she got in. Well got to have a nice last memory before you die I suppose.

"What?" Chloe asked.

"Dad's on his way up from London to take you both home. I thought we could sit down and have a chat about what's really going on. If you want to," Mum said. I was surprised she wasn't mad.

"Thought you hated me. Thought I was a right bitch," Chloe said, confused.

"Oh you are there's no denying that. But that's from your fathers side it's nowt to do with me," Mum explained.

"I can't tell if you're joking," Chloe said.

"Can't tell if I'm joking," Mum said as she pulled back her jacket to reveal a t-shirt that said boobs on it. We both laughed.

"Perhaps we are just so used to you being cruel us. Dad threw us out, you abandoned us last night," Chloe explained.

"But I think it is fair to say you got me back for that. Can't wait for half term though, we'll go away. I'll book a surprise and then I'll take loads of embarrassing photos of you," Mum told us as she sat on the sofa. Dad pulled up outside and we both ran out to him.

"Dad, I am so sorry," Chloe said as she ran into his arms. Mum followed us out. Dad opened up the boot and I saw all of our stuff was in their.

"What are you doing?" Mum asked.

"They can't come back. Not yet," Dad said. The prick.

"Nick. They live with you, it's their home," Mum said.

"Eve says..." Dad started to say.

"Eve says," Chloe repeated.

"After what you did," Dad explained.

"It was an accident," me and Chloe said at the same time.

"I know darling," Dad said.

"So it was an accident," Mum said, angrily.

"Look she says she can't be in the house with them," Dad said. I was offended to be honest. I hadn't done anything but I guess Eve just wanted to fuck everything up.

"What do you expect me to do?" Dad asked.

"Not this," Mum protested.

"Why not your turn?" Dad asked her. Turn! We aren't a fucking possession.

"Turn?" me and Chloe asked. Dad started unloading all of our things and mum pulled us into hug. I didn't want to talk to any of them. I broke away from mum, flipped dad off and stormed off down the drive. Chloe ran after me.

"Fuck them both," I said to her.

"No fuck dad and most of all fuck Eve," she said. I laughed.

"Come on lets go back," Chloe said. I followed her back to the car. 

"Bye," Dad said as he tried to go in for a hug with me. I backed off.

"Eve wouldn't like you doing that," I mocked. I saw that Mum was trying not to smile. I grabbed my bags and boxes of stuff and stormed up to my room. A little while later, mum came into my room. She just stood in the door way.

"What?" I asked, bluntly.

"Just want to make sure you are okay," Mum said as she sat on my bed.

"I'm fine," I said. I could tell she wanted ask some more but she didn't push it. 

"I've got your uniform," Mum told me. After sitting in silence for a while longer she left the room and I went to bed.

The next day mum showed us to our lesson. We were late but thank god we didn't get in trouble. As we walked in, everyone made sick noises at Chloe. She walked to an empty seat near the front but I went to the back.

"Err try not to vomit," a girl called Razia said and she moved up a seat. A boy in a turquoise hoody walked in and sat next to Chloe.

"I've got to sit next to a racist," Chloe said. Honestly she doesn't half stick her foot in it. We all split into pairs to do some boring arse safety thing. I swear down I heard a baby cry but I must of been hearing stuff.

"What is that sound?" Mr Qureshi asked.

"You going to make us aware of all social media. Like tinder, grindr sir," Chloe said. For fucks sake. The boy who came in late grabbed his bag and tried to leave.

"Woah, woah, woah, Jordan where you going?" Mr Qureshi asked the boy.

"Bathroom," he replied.

"No you're not mate, you're on report. Sit down," Mr Qureshi told him. Chloe got up and kicked a chair. Why was she helping Jordan? He seemed like bad news. Jordan ran out the room and so did Missy.