Chapter 22

Callum's P.O.V.

After contemplating what I would do next I decided on doing something my twin sister often did. I went to the pub. I was stressed and needed a distraction. I went to the shady pub on the edge of town. The guy knew I was underage but to him business was business. 

"Pint of lager please," I said as I took a seat. The guy got me my first lager of the night and I spent the night drinking away. Definitely something I wouldn't advise. Especially after what happened next. A rowdy bunch of men, in their early 20s, were in the pub and being loud as hell. 

"Alright junior?" one of them asked loudly. I ignored him and took another sip of my drink. He patted me on the back and I spilt my drink all down my school uniform. I don't know whether it was the alcohol or stress or both but I completely lost it with him. 

"What the fuck?" I yelled at him and I shoved him over. 

"Oooo junior's got some fight in him," the man said. I jumped on him and a full on fight broke out.

"WOAH!" the bartender yelled as he tried to intervene. His arms wrapped around my stomach and he threw me out the pub. Literally. I groaned loudly as I hit the floor. A few minutes passed as I lay in a heap on the floor. I started to pull myself up but suddenly my stomach lurched and I threw up all over the pavement. I decided to stagger my way home and Mum was waiting. 

"WHAT THE BLOODY HELL WERE YOU THINKING?" she screamed as I walked into the living room. I sat down on the sofa and Mum carried on yelling.

"I thought I brought you up better than this," she yelled.

"You didn't bring me up though, did you?" I muttered. 

"Cal what has happened to your school shirt? Is that beer?" Mum asked as she saw the state of me. She sat down and I explained everything that happened. 

"Oh Callum. Is this about the baby?" she asked. I nodded.

"I thought you were excited," Mum said.

"I am but I'm only 16, Mum. I can't be a Dad," I said and I started to cry. I want to say it was all the lager that made me like that but it really wasn't.

"I'm sorry," Mum said quietly.

"For what?" I asked.

"I was so busy with Chloe that I didn't think about how hard it must be for you," Mum said.

"Why are you so focused on her?" I asked. I was still crying and Mum was stroking my hair.

"I thought I could stop Chloe from Tony but I can't undo what you and Missy did," Mum explained.

"I'm sorry," I whispered and I broke down again.

"Shush, shush, everything's going to be okay," Mum said as she hugged me closer to her. I started to calm down and my breathing returned to normal.

"Am I in trouble?" I asked.

"For what?" Mum asked.

"Attacking Mr Shah."

"Not with me but he's furious," Mum told me.

"Why not with you?"

"You're going through a lot." 

"Can I go see Missy?" I asked quietly. Mum nodded and I started to leave the room.

"Cal?" Mum called after me.

"Yeah?" I asked as I turned back.

"Love you."

"Love you too."

"Also you might want to change out of your uniform," Mum told me. I did as she said and pulled on my favourite hoodie. 

"Babe are you alright?" Missy asked when she opened her front door 20 minutes later.

"I'm fine," I said. 

"You look like you've been battered," Missy said and she pulled me into her living room.

"That's cause I have," I told her. She went quiet.

"Hayley told me about what happened with Mr Shah," she said. I looked at my feet. 

"Mr Shah didn't do this. I got drunk and did something stupid," I explained. 

"Is this about the baby?" Missy asked. I nodded.

"I'm sorry," she said.

"What for? It wasn't anyone's fault," I said. Missy went quiet. 

"Cal, I need to tell you something," Missy said, quietly. I looked at her.

"It wasn't an accident, me getting pregnant," Missy said as she looked around the room.

"What?" I asked.

"I didn't take the pill."

"You didn't take the pill?"

"I'm sorry," she said and she looked like she was going to burst into tears. I took a deep breath. It wasn't the end of the world, I suppose. I was annoyed that she lied but what could be done now? I pulled her into a hug and she looked taken aback. 

"Are you not angry at me?" she asked.

"I don't get why you did it but it's not the end of the world," I said.

"I don't get why I did it either," Missy said. We stayed curled up on the sofa and when I woke up the next morning I hadn't moved. 

"Morning," I said. Missy started to wake up and she looked adorable. Hayley came into the room to make herself some breakfast.

"You know you're in so much trouble. Mr Shah went crazy," she said. I groaned and flopped back down. I was screwed.

"B-babe?" Missy asked, sleepily.

"Yeah?"

"Can you skip today?" she asked quietly.

"Sorry but I'm already in so much trouble," I said. She pouted and I kissed her gently on the top of her head.

I walked slowly to school and I was late. Miss Carter and Mr Shah were waiting for me.

"Can you come to my office please?" Miss Carter asked. I followed slowly behind them, thinking of a way to get out of trouble. We got inside and I took a seat.

"Can I just say something quick?" I asked. Neither of them objected so I carried on.

"Sir, I'm sorry I attacked you. I know it ain't an excuse but I've been worrying about the baby and getting a job and stuff," I explained. Miss Carter gave me a sympathetic look but what I said seemed to infuriate Mr Shah even more.

"We're going to call your Mum in here and talk it all out," Miss Carter told me. I smiled weakly and knew that I was going to die.