Chapter 15

Callum's P.O.V.

Missy had got her Mum a job interview. We stood outside waiting.

"I'll get us a sandwich," I said and I went into Subway and got us two sandwiches. I was just taking a massive bite when Simone ran out of the shopping center followed by security.

"RUN!" she yelled. We took off sprinting and I dropped my sandwich. I slowed down.

"Aww I was gonna eat that," I groaned. Missy grabbed my sleeve and I sped up again. We eventually got away and slowed down by the bank. I was out of breath but I hadn't had that much excitement in ages.

"Welcome to my world," Missy said. I laughed. Bloody hell she was amazing. 

"I love you Missy Booth," I said between gasps of air. 

The next week at school we were having a tree planting for Mr Qureshi. Mum had gone back to being really quiet but Chloe was making up for it by blaring music all the bloody time. I stood with Mo and Zain. Jordan had gone AWOL after the rugby and even Cory hadn't seen him. We were waiting for ages and it was freezing.

"My balls are going to freeze bro," Zain said.

"Woah. Eww too much information," I said.

"Right everyone listen!" Miss Carter shouted. Everyone went silent.

"I'm afraid we are going to have to postpone the tree planting," Miss Carter told us.

"So we've been standing in the cold for nothing," Zain said.

"It's a lot warmer in isolation believe me," Miss Carter said.

"At least your balls won't freeze," I laughed. 

"Shut up bro," Zain told me. 

We had extra play rehearsals and they were going terribly.

"This isn't working," Mum sighed.

"What's wrong with it?" Missy asked.

"Well you're lacking focus for a start. Titania is meant to be in love with Bottom. So give it some passion," Mum told her.

"Yeah we can work on that can't we Missy?" Cory smirked.

"No. No you can't," I said.

The next day, I was sitting in science next to Missy when Hayley ran in, all out of breath. Mr Hyatt ignored her and carried on with the lesson.

"Deoxyribonucleic acid is more commonly known as... Clint?" Mr Hyatt asked.

"Hayley Booth having it off with Riz Nawaz, sir," Clint replied. Everyone was laughing, including me but I swiftly stopped when I saw the look on Missy's face. 

"I'll give you a clue, Clint. The answer is on the board," Mr Hyatt told him, ignoring his comment.

"DNA, sir," Clint answered.

"Two rub-downs a day. Isn't that what the doctor ordered... Hayley?" Mo asked. 

"Tahira how are the two strands of DNA held together?" Mr Hyatt asked.

"I don't know it just looks like a funny shape," she told him. I knew the lads were going to crack some joke.

"That's what Hayley said to Riz," Clint said. And there you go. They're so predictable.

"I'm going to kill him," Missy shouted as she lunged at him.

"Missy. Sit down... Sit down!" Mr Hyatt shouted. She did so but reluctantly. 

"Another word out of you lads and it is straight to isolation," Mr Hyatt told them. At the end of the lesson, Missy stormed out to find Alya. I knew she was going to do something bad so I was trying to stop her. I probably would of done if Chloe didn't stop to talk to me.

"We need to do something for Mum," she said. I tried to walk to catch up with Missy but Chloe pulled me back. Chloe carried on explaining about how we should cook her a meal or something but I was listening to the screaming that was coming from around the corner. I finally managed to get away by agreeing to do something (I don't know what but I agreed anyway) and ran round the corner to see Missy pinning Alya to the floor.

"LEAVE IT MISSY," Hayley shouted.

"NO HAYLEY. RIZ NEEDS TO LEARN TO KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT," Missy screamed, still wrestling with Alya. 

"HE'S TELLING THE TRUTH," Hayley screamed.

"What did you just say?" Missy spat as she let go of Alya. 

"I'm sorry," Hayley said and she looked genuinely scared. Hayley ran off and Missy followed her. Missy was furious with Riz. She wanted to report him for sexual assault which I thought was a bit extreme. Hayley had agreed so what was there to do?

I was walking home with Missy, Hayley and Nas. Missy was in a bad mood and Hayley was annoyed at Missy. Nas was in a whole world of her own so I was bored stiff.

"We going out tonight then?" I asked Missy.

"No. I'm staying in with Hayley," she said.

"Aww come on it will be fun," I said. 

"NO! I'm staying in so just leave me alone," she shouted. 

"Alright," I said slightly offended. I swaggered off down the street, leaving Missy and Hayley to bite each others heads off. When I got home, Chloe was standing waiting for me in the kitchen. I don't know what I had done but she seemed annoyed. That was confirmed when a wooden spoon came flying towards my forehead. I managed to duck just in time and it clattered against the wall.

"I told you to come home early so we could surprise Mum," Chloe said. 

"Did you?" I asked.

"Yeah in the corridor. Were you not listening?" she yelled.

"No, sorry," I replied.

"Too busy focusing on the blonde skank, were you?" Chloe asked. I knew she was winding me up on purpose but it worked.

"DON'T FUCKING CALL HER THAT," I yelled and I stuck up my middle finger. We carried on screaming at each other until Mum came in.

"Woah. What's going here?" she asked as she stood between us.

"We were trying to do something nice but HE ruined it," Chloe explained.

"Did not."

"Did to."

"Didn't."

"Did."

"Please just stop," Mum begged. She was welling up so I walked away. I knew if I stayed I would do something dumb and Mum would cry.

"Just go message your Northern skank of girlfriend," Chloe muttered. I don't know what happened but I saw red and lunged at Chloe. Mum managed to get me before I got Chloe. I was wrestling to get passed but Mum was holding on strong. 

"Calm down. Calm down," Mum said. I started to see sense and ran off to my room.