Chapter 6

Callum's P.O.V.

"Just go and take a seat," Mr Bell told us. I glared at Chloe. She couldn't half be a bitch sometimes. About 20 minutes in Chloe walked past my chair and 'accidently' knocked into me.

"Oi what the fuck," I shouted as I stood up.

"Woah sit down," Mr Bell told me. 

"Just go and watch Love Island," Chloe told me.

"That's getting a bit old, don't you think?" I asked her. Everyone was facing us. Chloe pushed me in the chest.

"Why are you pushing me? I thought you only attacked pregnant women," I said. I could tell I had really pissed her off and she jumped on me. I tried to gently move her away. She was not so gentle however. 

"STOP!" Mr Bell shouted as he ran to get us apart. He managed to because I wasn't trying very hard.

"Mrs Carter's office. NOW!" he shouted at us both. We walked there in silence.

"What is going on with you two? Two fights in two weeks," Mrs Carter asked.

"Not my fault she ruins everything," I said.

"Shut up," Chloe told me.

"You attacked me twice and I didn't even touch you," I said. 

"Oh whatever," Chloe groaned. I stuck my middle finger up.

"I ignored it the first time but seriously it's getting silly now," Mrs Carter told us.

"Well you don't have to live with her/him," we said together. We both groaned. Syncing together was the worst.

"Both of you off to isolation," Mrs Carter said.

"What? That's not fair," we protested.

"It's your fault," we said as we turned to each other.

"No it's yours not mine." Ahh why? Why did we think the same things?

"Off you pop," Mrs Carter said as she shooed us from the office. We spent all day in isolation and Mum was not happy.

"Fighting! Again!" she said in the car on the way home.

"It was more that she attacked me but hey ho," I said. 

"You're both grounded," Mum told us.

"WHAT?!" we complained. 

"Not like we have anything to do. We literally live in the middle of nowhere," I said, trying to look on the bright side.

"Yeah. Not like London up here. They're all so backwards," Chloe complained.

"No night clubs," I said.

"You've never been to a night club," Chloe said.

"Sure I have," I lied.

"Will you two please pack it in," Mum said. I turned to look out the window and ignored them both for the rest of the evening. 

Rugby practices were becoming more frequent and a lot more hard work. I enjoyed it though because we were all becoming proper friends.

"What's it like in London?" Zain asked when we were walking back from the field.

"Well it's great. Always something to do. I guess I didn't really appreciate it until now," I told him.

"Sounds better than round here. I hate Ackley," Jordan said.

"You going to move away after school, then?" I asked.

"That's the problem. We're stuck here," Jordan told me. 

"You never know. A unicorn may take you away and all your hopes will come true," I said. Jordan scoffed.

"Not very optimistic is it," I joked as I pulled him into a playful headlock. Mum seemed proper upset in the car on the way home.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah you're acting dead weird," Chloe added.

"Did you not hear?" Mum asked.

"No," we said.

"Hayley's been taken into care and it's all my fault," Mum said as she tried not to break down at the wheel.

"What? Why?" I asked. Mum didn't answer anymore questions and I didn't push it. When we got home I decided to text Missy. I knew there was something up with them.

You alright?

Fine

I'm sorry about Hayley and that

It weren't your fault

Well if you need anything you know where I am

Thanks x

Missy didn't come to school over the next few days and everything was boring as. I mean of course I had Jordan and my mates to mess about with but I was kind of getting used to her being there.

"OW!" I screamed as Chloe landed on top of me. It was our birthday.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Chloe shouted.

"Happy birthday Chlo," I said. She pulled back my duvet in an attempt to get me up.

"Aww 5 more minutes," I protested. 

"Nope. Come on," Chloe said. We were getting to see dad today. I didn't want to but Chloe did and I didn't want to ruin her day. Chloe's phone rang and she picked it up.

"Hi dad... But you promised...Please," Chloe said. Her eyes filled with tears and I knew he'd just said he couldn't come. She hung up.

"He's not coming," Chloe said and she left the room. A little while later I went downstairs and Mum was in the kitchen.

"Happy birthday Cal," Mum said.

"Where's Chloe?" I asked. She shrugged and handed me a package and a card. I opened the card and it was a 5th birthday one.

"You've got to wear that all day," Mum laughed. I sniggered and moved onto the present. I tore off the paper. It was an England rugby shirt.

"Thanks, mum," I said. The car journey was silent. We pulled up at school and Chloe was standing alone by the gates.

"Go on, you talk to her," I told mum and I walked off to form. I had english with Mum period 1.

"Chloe as Missy isn't in today you can be our Juliet," Mum told her. Apparently they had had a fall out this morning.

"Will I be able to do it justice in her absence? Oh I'd hate to disappoint" Chloe said. Yep she was being bitter.

"And Jordan you can be our Romeo," Mum said. 

"Matchmaking much," I muttered and Razia laughed. Chloe jumped up on her seat.

"Romeo! Romeo! Where fore art thou, our Romeo! Social workers have taken our Hayley and Nana Capulet's kicked the bucket," Chloe said in a Northern accent.

"Now that is out of order, Miss," Razia said.

"Outside! Now!" Mum said coldly. Chloe followed her outside.

"She's a right bitch," Razia said.

"Yeah she is," I agreed.