Chapter 21

Callum's P.O.V.

We went to the Paracha's for dinner and I still couldn't get over how good the food was. 

"I don't feel great. I might head back," Missy said.

"Babe do you want me to come with you?" I asked. 

"No I'm fine," she replied. I sat back down.

"No go with her. It's your fault innit?" Mrs Paracha said.

"No, it's not. Just need a rest," Missy said. I mean it wasn't exactly my fault but I could see what Mrs Paracha meant. 

"Science homework can be very relaxing," Mr Hyatt told her. I wouldn't know. I hadn't done much homework since Missy had announced she was pregnant. Mum had constantly been on my back but I was too busy looking for a job to pay for the kid. 

"You won't be getting no more homework off me, Mr Hyatt. I'm done with school," Missy said. I mean I can't say I didn't see it coming. I ran after her but I didn't say anything about the school thing. I mean maybe she would change her mind. I helped look after her and I called Mum to explain.

"Cal are you alright?" Mum asked.

"I'm staying with Missy tonight. She doesn't feel too good," I explained.

"Ok well I'm dealing with Tony and Chloe," Mum said.

"Just don't get arrested," I said.

"I might. Now go look after your girlfriend," Mum told me and she hung up. Me and Missy snuggled up on the sofa and she fell asleep in my arms. She looked so adorable when she was sleeping.

The next day I got called to Miss Carter's office. I saw Chloe and Tony storming out of the office and Chloe looked beyond pissed. 

"All going well then?" I asked. Chloe hit me hard on the nose and stormed past. Once I had cleared up the blood I went into the office.

"You wanted to see me," I said.

"Ah yes. Take a seat," Miss Carter said.

"Missy, has she quit school?" Mum asked.

"Yeah," I told them.

"Did you not try to talk her out of it?" Miss Carter asked.

"If you can talk Missy out of something she has made up her mind about then I'll pay you big money," I said.

"Well prepare that money because we are going to talk to her," Mum said.

"Can I come?" I asked.

"No," Mum told me.

"Well tell her I'll be round later," I said.

"Shouldn't you be revising?" Miss Carter asked.

"Yeah I've got too much going on. Trying to get a job, looking after Missy and you and Chloe wanting to kill each other," I said.

At the end of the day I was leaving school when I saw Mum and Dad. I walked over, wondering why he was here. 

"Dad what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well me and your mum are dealing with the Tony and Chloe problem," Dad said.

"Good luck," I said and I started to walk off.

"You're coming," Mum told me.

"But..." I started.

"No buts,"  Mum said.

We were all sitting awkwardly around the table. I wished I was anywhere but here. Like seriously, I was in a club with my Mum, Dad, sister and her boyfriend. 

"I'm sorry I called you a pervert," Mum screamed over the music. I sniggered and Chloe stomped on my foot. 

"Fine," Tony said as he took a swig of beer. I don't know why I had been invited; I should've been looking after my pregnant girlfriend and Chloe wasn't my problem.

"And we're all friends again," Dad said. I rolled my eyes and took a sip of squash. 

"Did Chloe tell you I used to a bit of DJ-ing back in my university days? Slick Nick," Dad asked Tony. Me, Mum and Chloe all rolled our eyes and Dad carried on explaining about it. Chloe and Tony disappeared a while later and we all sat in silence. 

"Can I go?" I asked.

"What and leave me here alone?" Mum asked.

"I need to look after Missy," I said.

"Missy?" Dad asked.

"My girlfriend."

"And why does she need looking after?" Dad asked. I was going to have to tell him.

"She's pregnant," I said. Dad's jaw dropped and he turned to Mum.

"And you've been worrying about Chloe?" he asked. 

"Look please can I just go see her?" I asked.

"Yes go," Dad said. I walked to Missy's house.

"Thought you weren't coming," she said.

"My Dad's in town to deal with Chloe," I explained. I got in and made us both a cuppa. We curled up together on the sofa and watched a movie. That night felt like how it had done before she was pregnant. When all we had to worry about was GCSEs. 

The next day at school I was in a terrible mood. Dad was staying in town and he was being so annoying. I was stressed about getting a job and exams. There was something else at the back of my mind but I didn't quite know what. 

At break I was sitting with Mo and Zain but I wasn't paying attention to what they were saying. The bell went and I trudged off to maths. Chloe came up behind me and she seemed in just a bad mood as I was. She was breathing loudly in my ear and it was really pissing me off.

"What?" I yelled as I spun around.

"Nothing," she replied.

"Well it clearly is something."

"Just don't think it's fair."

"Think what's fair?"

"That Mum doesn't care about you knocking a girl up but does care about me and Tony."

"I didn't knock a girl up," I yelled.

"Yeah well it was only a matter of time before that slut got pregnant," Chloe retorted. I know she was winding me up on purpose but the stress of everything washed over me and I lashed out at her. I charged at her and tackled her to the floor. Mr Shah ran outside, hearing the commotion, and pulled me off Chloe. He was gripping tightly and I felt more anger and stress come over me. 

"GET OFF ME," I screamed as I shoved him. At that time I didn't realise how much trouble I would be in for attacking a teacher. Everyone was oohing and aahing. I ran outside and clambered over the gate at the back of the school. Once I was over I had no clue where I was going to go.