Chapter 10

Callum's P.O.V.

Marcus annoyed me for the rest of the day and I went home feeling pissed. The next day, Missy wasn't in school. I messaged her at break.

Where are you?

I miss you 💞

Call me a simp I honestly don't care. She replied a little while later.

Working off my mums debt

Where?

Burger van on the main road out of  Ackley

I know it sounds dumb but I really wanted to see her. Mostly I wanted to make sure she was ok. I went to find Jordan because I knew he had a bike. I found him snogging Chloe. Chloe saw me and pulled away from him.

"Don't tell mum," Chloe said.

"I won't, just don't tell her about what I am going to do," I told her. She looked confused but nodded her head. I turned to Jordan.

"Can I borrow your bike?" I asked him.

"Um sure," he said. We went to the bike racks and he handed me his bike. 

"Make sure you give it back. My dad would kill me," Jordan told me. I ran to the gates and managed to slip away without anyone noticing.

"Callum?" Missy asked when I pulled up to the van an hour later. I was sweating and out of breath but I was happy to see her.

"You should be in school," Missy said disapprovingly but she still looked pleased to see me.

"So should you," I said. 

"Did you really cycle all this way just to see me?" she asked.

"What else is there to do here?" I asked her as I looked around the empty fields. A huge grin spread on her face. I stayed and chatted with her all afternoon, whilst she served customers. 

"God I better go," I said when I saw the time. School would be ending soon.

"Bye," she said.

"You free tonight?" I asked.

"Yeah. Why?" Missy asked.

"Meet me at the top of the alley at 7," I said as I pedaled away.

"What? Callum?" Missy yelled after me.

"Be there," I yelled back and cycled out of sight. I got back to school just as the bell went. I gave Jordan his bike back and was about to leave when I heard someone yell my name. I turned around and saw it was Miss Carter.

"My office please," she said. I followed her and when we got there mum pulled me into a hug.

"Where've you been?" Mum asked.

"I don't know," I lied.

"You don't know?" Miss Carter asked.

"No. I mean yes," I said. And liar of the year award goes to... not me. Mum pulled away.

"Just tell us where you went," Mum said as she looked into my eyes. I think she was like trying to look at my soul or some shit. 

"Err I forgot," I said.

"You forgot?" Miss Carter asked. I nodded.

"Well we can sit here until you remember," Mum said as she took a seat next to Miss Carter. I sat down opposite them.

"Come on Cal, just tell us," Mum said after 20 minutes of silence.

"I went to see Missy," I told her. 

"Missy?" she asked.

"Yeah."

"Why?" Miss Carter asked. I didn't say anything and looked at my feet.

"Is she your girlfriend?" Mum asked as realisation hit her. I nodded. Miss Carter shook her head.

"Thank you for being honest but never the less you left school so you have isolation tomorrow" Miss Carter told me. I didn't care, I had honestly had the best day even though it was freezing. 

"Come on," Mum said and I followed her out the office. We got to the car and Chloe was waiting.

"Finally," she said. She saw Mums face and shot me a look which said 'does she know?'. I nodded. 

At half past 6 I pulled on my best sweatshirt and jeans. I ran to the door to leave and Mum saw me.

"Err no. You're grounded," Mum said.

"Aww please," I begged. 

"Nope," Mum said. I stormed upstairs. I was going. She couldn't stop me. I walked to the window and shimmied down the drain pipe. I made it without any serious injuries and ran to the alley. A few minutes after I had got there Missy turned up. She was wearing a tight rose gold dress.

"Woah. You look beautiful," I told her.

"Soft cow," Missy laughed.

"So where we going?" she asked.

"Here," I said as I showed her this club I found online. It was in Leeds but it looked way better than Ackley Nites.

"How are we going to get there?" she asked.

"Thought we could go on the bike from earlier," I joked.

"You what?" she asked.

"I'm joking. We're getting the train," I told her. We walked to the station hand in hand and only just made it in time. You would think I was good with train time tables after living in London for most of my life but no. I couldn't read a time table for toffee. The train was packed and there was only one seat. I sat down and Missy sat on my lap. 

"Thanks for coming today. You didn't get in too much trouble, did you?" Missy asked.

"Well, I have isolation tomorrow but it was worth it," I told her. She giggled and stroked my hair. We arrived in Leeds and managed to find the club.

"Alright beautiful?" some weirdo asked Missy.

"Oi leave her alone," I said. We got inside and it was amazing. Full of people dancing and drinking. I bought us drinks and we got onto the dance floor. I think I had the best night of my life. Being around Missy felt so good. Some song I didn't recognise came on.

"OH MY GOD! I LOVE THIS SONG!" Missy squealed and she pulled me into the center of the dance floor. When I was dancing with her in that moment, I forgot about everyone and everything else. It was just me and her. We had to rush back for the last train of the day and almost missed it. I didn't want to go back to Ackley Bridge. I wanted to stay in Leeds with Missy forever. 

"Thanks for tonight," I said and I kissed her on the lips. I walked her home and then made the journey back to my house. I climbed up the drain because I wasn't as drunk as the last time I tried that. I flopped on the bed and fell asleep with a massive grin on my face.