You're a Douchepants

I had been sitting outside of Zayn's house for 30 minutes until I finally got the courage to get out of the car.

I really wasn't looking to this confrontation. I'm not the biggest fan of talking things out with people, unfortunately for me though, I was an idiot and got drunk leaving myself in this situation.

So, after stalling for so long, I walked quickly to the door and pushed the doorbell before I could change my mind.

I stood there awkwardly for a few moments before the door opened, revealing Zayn with with usual smirk.

"I was wondering when you would knock or something, I've seen you car sitting there for at least 45 minutes."

My cheeks flushed, embarrassed. I now know why I was so hesitant to talk to him. I knew he wasn't going to help me.

"What do you need, Sloan. I'm a very busy person."

His rude comment snapped me out of my thoughts, making me frustrated once again.

"I need answers and you have them."

"Come along then." He winked. I scoffed at him.

I followed him deeper into the house, past the familiar portraits I've seen once before. They're much less interesting when you're walking to your doom.

He leads me into a very quaint sitting room and takes a seat on the red leather couch. He then beacons me to follow him. I do so hesitantly.

"So... Ask away, m'dear."

"Umm.. What exactly happened the other night?" I ask, averting my eye contact.

He smiles brightly. "Oh, you don't remember? That's a pity."

My blood boils. I can not stand this preppy son of a-

"Good thing I'm here to remind you. You see, you drank a little more then you could handle. So, when a game of truth or dare was created, you couldn't quite keep your hands off of me."

"Oh my Gosh." The blood leaves me face. "Did we-?"

He just smiles brightly. "It's a shame you weren't even that good of a kisser."

"You're a Douchepants." His smirk deepens.

Tears well up in my eyes. I was saving everything for Emerson. I wanted to be with him forever and to only give myself to him and I was stupid and ruined it.

I've ruined everything.

If Emerson finds out, he'll not want to be with me anymore.

A single tear slips from my eye.

"How do you know Emerson?" I croak out.

"Our parents are pretty good friends." He shows no sympathy towards me.

"Well isn't that just wonderful." I reply.

"I'd hate for him to find out from me."

"What more do you want from me?"

"Oh so many things, Slo." His eyes lit up with a mischievous look, "But, mostly, be my girlfriend."

I choke on my words. "What??!"

"Be. My. Girlfriend. It's really an easy concept."

"I can't do that to Emerson. No way."

"You've already screwed over that relationship. If you pretend for a bit, just for the public eye, your secret will be safe. Unless..."

"Unless??"

"You tell Emerson right now. On the phone. I have to hear it."

"No! I-I can't do that to him." I don't want to tell him. Ever. If I tell him, he'll never forgive me. Without thinking I blurt a decision. "I'll be your fake girlfriend."

"Perfect," he grins. "Thanks, babe." He winks at me. I feel tears prick my eyes again.

I suddenly feel a large presence behind me.

"Jeffrey will escort you out. Thanks for playing, babe."

I exit out the front door and climb into me car.

As I'm pulling out of the driveway, I feel the first tear fall from my eye.

As I drive, I feel the tears become steadier, soon turning into a sob.

The tears become so forceful, I pull over to the side of the road.

I feel physical pain, I'm crying so much.

I pull out my phone and dial Carlisle.

She answers after the second ring.

"What's up? What happened?"

I can't stop crying, she lets me cry to dead air until she's bursting with questions.

"Sloan. Breathe! What happened?"

I explain everything as quickly as a can, but stop numerous times to catch my breath. When I'm done, Carlisle is speechless.

"What the hell? That doesn't even make sense."

"I know." I sniffle.

"Well, then play his game. Don't let him see you cry."

"How do I do that??"

"Well first call Emerson since you all haven't talked in forever, maybe plan a time to go see him. Then, work on ways to be the most embarrassing girlfriend ever. That way he'll be happy to break that contract he has arranged."

"Carlisle, I think that's the smartest thing you've ever said."

Two can play at this game of his, but only one will win it.

I plan to come out on top.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Dang it, Zayn! I was rooting for you! We all were! Way to be a jerk.

Ayyyeee but that blackmail doe?