Chapter 18

Lana's POV
I'm talking with Adam and Eddie, the directors, about the next scene we're about to shoot when I see a familiar face coming our way. What is she doing here? Rebecca walks to her. Oh god. "Excuse me, I'll be right back." I tell Adam and Eddie and go after Rebecca. I grab her arm pulling her back. "Don't." I warn her. "What do you mean don't? She hurt her and I'm gonna tell her what I think of it." "We both know why that's not a good idea. Now go back to the rest and let me talk to her." She sighs and takes her arm back before walking off. I let out a sigh and turn to the girl. "Hey, Mikaela." I say. "Uhm h-hi. Can we talk?" "Well, I have to finish my scenes first, but you can wait in my trailer and maybe we can talk when I'm done." I reply. She gives a small nod and walks to my trailer. I release a sigh and turn around walking back on set.

We just finished the last scene, so I make my way to my trailer. I take a deep breath before going inside. I close the door behind me and make some tea. "Do you want something?" I ask as I look at her. "No, I-I'm good, thanks." I sit down on the couch. "So, what are you doing here?" I ask. "Well, uhm, I just didn't feel at home in New York. My dad was always away, and my mom was busy, so I was kind of loner. I missed home." She sighs before she continues. "Look...I know I've been a bitch and a terrible best friend." "Yeah, you could say that." She looks down at her lap where she's playing with her fingers. "I messed up, okay. I know I did. It's just that-I thought she would affect my life in New York. My parents kept telling me to start over and cut off all the connections I had with my life here, so that's what I did. I thought they did it for me, but they did it for themselves. They wanted to start over, but I never asked for that." I see tears in her eyes. "I think you want to talk to Allison, and I get that, but she's starting to get over it and I don't want her to fall back." I sigh. "I can't tell you to stay away from her, but I can't support you to talk to her either. I just want my daughter to be happy and I don't want her to get hurt again. Today is a happy day for her so please wait a few days." I tell her. A tear slowly drops from her eye as she looks at me. She nods slowly before looking down at her lap. "I uhm I should get going." "Do you have a place to stay." I ask her. "Yeah, I'm staying with my aunt." "Okay good." She stands up and walks to the door. "I'm really sorry." She says as she looks at me before walking out. I sigh. I lean back and run my hand through my hair. There's a knock at the door. "Come in." The door opens and Adelaide steps inside. "Hey, Alli asked me to pick them up. Her teacher is sick, so they're already done. Do you want me to bring them home or take them back to set with me?" "Uhm...You can take them with you. I think she missed the cast, and she can use some fun time." I answer with a small smile. "Okay." She says with a smile and walks out.

Allison's POV
We arrive at set and I'm honestly kinda happy. I'm scared to admit it because probably there's gonna be something that ruins it when I admit it, but I don't want to think about the bad things anymore. I want to focus on the here and now, the good things, the happy moments. I step out of the car. I look around and see dad talking to Colin. I run to them and attack dad with a big hug. "Well hello to you too." He laughs as he hugs me back. "I had a good day. I had fun and that's kind of weird because school is not fun at all, but I had fun with Jayden. We played little games in my notebook, and he had to guess what I was drawing. We listened to music and by the way I-" "Sweetie, take a breath." I let out a soft sigh. I smile at him before looking at Jayden who just walked over to us. "Thank you." I say. "No need to thank me. I had a lot of fun with you." He smiles. I feel a blush on my cheeks. I look down to hide it and cross my arms. "So, you don't need me anymore to have fun?" Colin asks. I look up at him. "I'll always need you to have fun. You're my crazy uncle." I say with a giggle. "Good." He smiles. Two arms wrap around my waist from behind. "Who is it?" I ask. "You forgot to text me." I hear Adelaide's voice say. "Addy, I already told you that I'm sorry. I won't do it again." "I know, cutie. I'm kidding." I turn around and look at her. "Not funny." I say and look at her with an angry look. "Still cute." She says and brings me in a hug. "Noooo, I don't wanna be cute." "Accept it munchkin." Bex says as she walks by. "I like cute girls." Jayden says as he looks at me. "I want to be cute." I say as a smile forms on my lips. Adelaide and I separate from our hug.
"Where's mom?" I ask dad. "I think she's in her trailer." "Okay." I grab Jayden's hand and run to her trailer. I knock on the door and hear a soft "Come in." I walk in with Jayden behind me. "Hey." I say with a smile. "Hey, baby." I walk over to her and hug her. After a few seconds I pull away, but she pulls me back. "Not done yet." She says and holds me tighter. "You okay?" I ask with a soft chuckle. "Yeah, I just love you." "I love you too." I giggle. She pulls away and cups my cheeks in her hands. "So how was school?" She asks as she removes her hands and sits down on the couch. "Really good, actually. I had fun and uhm yeah it wasn't that bad." I answer with a smile. "Wait, so you had fun at school?" I nod. "Well, that's new." She says with a smile. "Yeah, I know." I laugh. She shifts her gaze from me to Jayden. "Thank you. You're a good boy." I look at him and see a small blush on his cheeks. I smile to myself. "Anytime, ma'am." Mom gives him a look and he immediately corrects himself. "I mean Lana." "That's right." She laughs. Dad walks in with the car keys in his hand. "Are we going home?" He asks. I look at him and nod. "Yeah, let's go." We make our way to the car and get in. Mom gives dad a look, I know that look, it's the 'we need to talk' look. "What's going on?" I ask them. She looks at me and gives me a reassuring smile, but I don't believe it it's not that convincing. "It's nothing, sweetie. Don't worry about it, it's a work thing. I had a talk with Adam and Eddie this morning and I have to discuss it with your father." "So, it's nothing bad?" She shakes her head. "No, it's not." She says before looking back at the road.

We arrive home and Jayden and I go to my room to watch a movie. "Okay, popcorn check. Drinks check. Blankets check. Skittles check. I think we have everything." I say and I hear Jayden laugh behind me. I turn around and look at him. "What's so funny?" "You." He says as he sits down on my bed. "It's funny and maybe a bit cute how you're checking everything." "Oh, shut up you." I say as I sit down and let myself fall back into the pillows that are build up against the headboard of my bed. I go to Netflix to search for a movie, and I pick 'I am legend'. "Can I have the skittles, please?" "Sure." He hands me the skittles and I open the bag. A smile appears on my face. This feels good, I feel happy.