Chapter 9

Sean's POV

I wake up to an empty bed, again. I grab my phone and look at the time to see it's 3 AM. I sigh and sit up. Lana didn't sleep for the last few days. She couldn't. Allison is missing for a week now. I stand up and walk to the hallway. I look at Allison's room and as expected the door is open. I walk inside and look at the bed. And there she is laying on the bed, staring outside like every night before. I walk to the bed and sit down. "Come back to bed." I say and run my fingers trough her hair. "I can't sleep." "I know, but just come and cuddle with me." She looks at me and sighs. "Fine." She says and sits up. "We will get her back. I promise." I say and take her hand.

We go back to our room and I lay back in bed. "Come here babe." She looks at me. "It's not gonna help." "Just come." She sighs and lays down next to me. She lays her head on my chest and I wrap my arms around her. "Better?" She nods. I kiss her head and play with her hair. I see a small smile forming on her lips. "Did you even try to sleep?" She shook her head. "Not really. I know that it's not gonna work." "Try to sleep now. It's late." She sighs and plays with my fingers.

"What if something bad happens to her? I can't forgive myself if something happens to her." She says and looks up at me. "You're blaming yourself, aren't you?"  She shrugs. "Baby it's not your fault. You can't help it that you weren't there for her when they took her." I say and kiss her forehead. "If I didn't give her up for adoption this never would've happened." "You don't know that. And by the way you couldn't take care of her, you didn't have a choice." I say and brush her hair behind her ear. "Now try to sleep. She would want you to take care of yourself and that means you have to sleep and not stay awake every night." She nods and closes her eyes. I rub her arm and I hear her breathing slowing down. She's sleeping. Finally. I close my eyes until I hear her mumbling things in her sleep. I look at her and see that her relaxed face changed into a frown. I rub her back and kiss her head. "It's okay. Everything's going to be alright." I whisper in her ear. I hope nothing bad happened to Allison.

Allison's POV

He gets up and leaves after he tortured me for 30 minutes or something. I feel sweat on my forehead but I can't move, I can't wipe it away. I hear a car leaving but another one coming. Probably one of his friends who's gonna do the same to me he did a few minutes ago. But instead I hear similar voices. They're coming up the stairs but I'm still scared. What if I'm wrong? Maybe they are his friends. I hear the door open and I close my eyes to prepare myself for what could come. "Allison?" I hear mom say. I look at her and a sob escapes my lips. "M-Mom." I say and try to sit up. Dad walks to the bed and takes the handcuffs off. I look at them. "Y-You really are my parents, right." "Yes of course sweetie." Mom says and sits down. She hugs me tight and I hug back even tighter. I cry into her shoulder. I hear her laughing and I look up. "What?" I ask. "You really think we are your parents?" "Y-Yes." She stands up and walks to the door. "Have fun with your father." She says and leaves the room. Sean does the handcuffs back around my wrists and follows her.

I wake up screaming and crying I sit up and feel a hand on my mouth. I look at the person sitting next to me on the bed. It's Amanda, the woman who took care of me when mom couldn't. "He's sleeping." She says and takes the handcuffs off. "W-What are you doing?" "Helping you. Run away. I'll make sure he won't notice." She says and I stand up. I grab my clothes and dress up as fast as I can. "Why?" I ask her. "I never wanted him to steal you back. I just couldn't stop him." "T-Thank you." I hear footsteps coming and I lean against the wall. He walks inside and stands with his back to me. "Where is she?!" He yells. I walk slowly downstairs and I'm sure he didn't hear me. I run outside and hear a gunshot. I look at the house and run away as fast as I can. I don't even know where I'm going.

I look behind me and run against someone and we both fall on the ground. I groan and stand up. I look around and I have no idea where I am. "Do you need help?" the woman asks. I look at her and she looks nice. "C-Can I please have your phone? I really need to call my parents." "Yeah sure." She gives me her phone and I call dad. Voicemail. I look at the time and sigh. 4 AM of course he's sleeping. I sit down on the sidewalk and look at the road. I look at the woman. "Why are you outside? It's 4 AM." "I work at night." "Oh, yeah that makes sense." I say and look at the phone.