20| A visit from the past..again

"Forgiveness can be a powerful thing"

Aurora

I'm woken up by something...a sound, like glass breaking?

I look over at Sandro who just motions for me to stay quiet and gets out of bed. He grabs the emergency gun under the floorboards.

The door suddenly opens and Alessandro points the gun at whoever it is... it's just dad and the others.

They sign for us to go downstairs with them. I'm in the middle of them all.

When we get downstairs someone's standing there. All my brothers and dad point guns at them.

"Don't shoot, we're not here to harm you" A voice says and my eyes widen in recognition

"Zachariah?" My ex boyfriend. Yes, the one who pressured me to have sex with him, we broke up and he was paid by Riggo to get me kicked out of my foster home.

Someone else is standing beside him.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I ask while my family watches both Zach and handsome — the dude beside him.

Why is everyone appearing out of nowhere into my damn life!

"Rora I...need help. You need to understand Rodrigo made me do all those things to you, please give me a chance to explain it all" he says.

"And why the fuck do you think we would help you" Dad says.

"Please just let me explain" something moves behind the other guy.

"Who is he?" I ask

"I'm Phoenix" he says in a deep, intimidating, manly voice...Aurora focus. He says. Period. But..his voice sounds a little familiar

"Phoenix who, dude?" Atlas asks

"I don't know why I'd tell you that, dude" he says with a frown on his face.

The things behind him moves again. Is that a..HOLY SHIT.

"Why is there a baby with you! Is that why you're here? you kidnapped a kid and want my help!?" I almost yell

"No! Rora this is my son Eli and the reason I...had to date you" Zachariah says.

"Explain." Dad says. No... Commands

We move over to the couches and the little kid sits on Phoenix's lap playing with what seems to be a set of plastic keys.

"When I was 15 I got a woman pregnant. She was 23. It was just some random hook ups here and there, she didn't want a kid but said she'd have it if I wanted him but she would leave as soon as she gave birth" Zach says

"Continue" Quinn demands

"Rodrigo came to me threatening to kill my baby when the woman was 6 months pregnant if I didn't do something for him. Rora I had to. At first it was just date you so I agreed, he said 'date her for three months and I'll leave you and your baby alone'"

Sounds like something Rodrigo would do...

"I agreed. I didn't think it'd be such a big deal, nor did I know what his intentions were. When we were a month into dating I started caring for you"

"You've always been such a nice girl despite everything you've gone through. You became my best friend.." his voice cracks a little and Alec is there with a glass of water.