give thanks

I threw the turkey in the oven. My doorbell went off. I wiped my hands off on my apron and went to the door. There stood my mama and my brother and his family. "Hey yall!"

"Hi baby." My mom came and hugged me. "You look beautiful." I know I didn't. I had my apron on that was dirty. My hair was up in a bun with hair slipping out.

"Thanks mom." He walked in further in the house.

"Hey little sis." Jason came and kissed me on my head and pulled me into a hug.

"Hey J. Hey Britt. Hey kids. Well come on it." Jason was with the kids watching tv. While me, Britt and my mom was in the kitchen.

"When will your man be here?" I felt a blush come to my cheeks.

"He and some of his family will be here in an hour." My mom came and pushed me away from the stove.

"Go get ready I'll take over."

"Thanks mom." I said kissing her cheek handing her the apron.

I smoothed my shirt down for what felt like the 50 time. I stood in the mirror looking at myself. I wear my blue jeans and a red shirt that looked nice. I put my hair down and brushed it out. I smiled in the mirror and went down stairs. I heard a wolf whistle come from Britt.

"Don't we look nice!"

"It my first time meeting his family I wanted to look nice." Not soon after the door bell went off. I took a deep breath and opened the door. There stood Ryan lookin handsome in simple clothes.

"Hey babe."

"Hey." I said bitting my lip. A habit I do when I'm nervous.

"Hey there is nothing to worry about. My mom will love you. You already know Austin likes you." He grabbed my hand and squeezed it. It made me feel a tiny bit better. Austin came up the drive.

"Hey Madison!"

"Hey Austin! How's it going?"

"It's good." He came up and hugged me. Which threw me off a bit. He walked in the house. I raised a eyebrow at Ryan.

"He likes you." He said winking at me. His mom came up the drive. I held Ryan's hand a little tighter. She came up to the porch where we were.

"Ryan! Why didn't you tell me she was this pretty!" Ryan just smiled at his mom.

"Hi Mrs. Upchurch it is so nice to meet you."

"Call me Patty. I held my hand out for her to shake. She grabbed my hand and pulled me into a hug. "Ryan has told me so much about you!"

"All good things I hope."

"Yes. Ryan can't stop talking about you." She said as I led her into the kitchen.

"This is my mom Debbie and my sister in law Brittney. My brother Jason is in the living room with his kids. Y'all this is Patty."

It was after dinner and everybody was sitting in the living room. We had broken a bottle of whiskey to sip at. I add some ice to mine and went into the living room. I went to go sit by Ryan. But the spot was taken. I went to walk by another spot but he grabbed me by me waist and pulled me into his lap. I shifted on his lap tell I was comfy. "Comfortable?" He whispered in my ear.

"Yes." I said in his ear then kissed his cheek. It was great to see everybody getting along.