Hot 20 count down

Months later

I stood looking at a dressing room with my name on it. I couldn't belive it. I felt like jumping up and down. "Well are you just going to stare at the door or are you going to go in?" Kerri asked teasing me.

"Well I guess we will go in." I said teasing her right back. I opened the door and we walked in. The room was very spacious. There was a huge mirror with lights around the outside. On one side was a curtain and a rack of clothes in front of it. On the other side was a couch that was facing a tv. There was a table in front of the couch. On the table was drinks and snacks.

"Ok Madison hair and make up will be here in 15. Ok?" I nodded my head at her. "Now they are more then likely to ask about Ryan."

"I know I'm expecting it." Kerri smiled sadly  at me as she sat down and got on her phone. I was still sad about Ryan. It still hurt but slowly I was getting better. But I'm not going to think about him  I was so excited. I've always dreamed about being on Hot 20 Count Down. I pulled out my phone and started to record a video to put on Instagram. "Hey y'all! Guess where I'm at? I'm in the dressing room at Hot 20 Count Down! I'm so excited!" I said spinning around showing the room. "Say hi Kerri. Ok I'll keep y'all updated." I shut my phone off and went and sat down next to Kerri.
A knock on the door came and the door opened.

"I heard my best friend was on hot 20!" Chase said as he popped his head in.

"Chase!" I ran up to him. I jumped into his arm and I  wrapped my arms around him. He caught me and spun me around.

"How are you feeling?" He asked putting me down.

"I'm good just a little nervous."

A little while I was sitting by the mirror as they did my hair and make up. Soon they were finished. The make up was simple and hardly noticeable. My hair hung in waves down my back. The handed me and outfit and I went behind the curtain and changed. The shirt was a orange color long sleave shirt with jeans, belt and boots.

"How do I look?" I asked Chase and Kerri.

"Great!" Kerri said.

"You look beautiful Madison." 

"Ok Madison we are ready for you." A girl said.

"Good luck." Chase hugged me kissing my forehead. Before I was off. The girl led me to the stage and led me to a chair where Cody Alan was.

"Madison Aldean it's great to meet you. I'm very excited to interview you!"

"Thanks I'm so excited to be here." I said as we shook hands. We sat down and they started to count down.

"Welcome back to CMT hot 20 countdown. I am so excited to introduce our next guess Madison Aldean! Hi Madison how are you?"

"Hi Cody I'm so excited to be here."

"Well that's great to hear. Now I've heard that you and your brother are going to be doing a tour. Tell me about that."

"We are. My brother and me have always been close so I'm so excited to do this with him. Our first stop is in our little home town. And all the money will be given to the city to do what ever the need it for. Weather it's new roads or buildings."

"Wow that's cool!"

"Ya we just really wanted to give back to our community and the people in it."

"So what about your new album coming out. When will it be out?"

"Yes it will be realised in just  a little over a month."

"Now what kind of songs are on it?"

"Um there some heartbreak songs of course, sad songs, but mostly get up a party songs. A couple songs on the album is Rich, Only prettier, and my latest song I hope." 

"So what is I hope about?"

"It's a song about wanting to have your ex feel the same way that you felt when they cheated on you. This song is very personal because I have been cheated on. And it hurts and you just want them to feel that pain that you went through."

"So I know that you and Ryan Upchurch were dating did he inspire this song?"

"In a way he did but others that I have dated did too. They are all just kind of bundled together."

"Ok I know this next question is kind of personal so I understand if you don't answer but if Ryan was watching this what would you tell him?"

That question was a low blow, but I slapped on my fake smile and said, "Id wish him the best of luck and hope he is happy." The nice part of me said that. The other side of me hoped he would end up getting cheated on just like my song.

We talk for a little while later before I returned to my dressing room and headed straight to the bathroom. I leaned my hands on the sink. A couple tears flew down my face before I lefted my head to look in the mirror. I wiped under my eyes. "You don't need him." I said before turning around to head to a party with Chase.
A/N So I know that those songs didn't come out the same year but oooo well. They do in this book.