one and a half years later

I sat on mine and Ryan's bed at my house counting the days. Ryan and I were going strong. We are back to the ways things were before crap hit the fan. It had been about 3 months since my last period. I put my head in my hands. Trying to think. But only one thing came to mind.

I couldn't be. Could i? I'm pretty sure we used protection. Wait! There was that one time we didn't. Damn it. I felt the tears start down my face. We hadn't even talked about having kids. Hell we aren't even married or engaged, but it didn't matter that we weren't. I took some deep breaths and counted to 10.

"Ok before we freak out some more let's make sure." I told myself. I threw on a baggy sweater and baggy sweat pants. I threw my hair in a pony tail and tucked it in to a ball cap. I didn't want anybody to recognize me and start spreading rumors. I swiped my keys of the counter. I got in my truck and started to the nearest drug store.

I parked and threw the hood of my sweat shirt over my head and cap. I put my sunglasses on. I threw my door open and went in. So far nobody stopped me. So I was hoping nobody knew it was me. I prayed that no body knew it was me. I went to the aisle. There were several brands. I just stood there looking at all them. Two old ladys kept staring at me. I started getting nervous. What if they knew it was me? I panicked and  I grabbed three. I then went and payed for them.

I did what I had to do on all three of them. I paced back and forth of the floor of my bedroom. 3 minuites seemed like a damn life time. Finally the timer I had set on my phone went off. I went over to it and turned it off. I was so nervous I felt like throwing up. This was a life changing event if they were positive. Not just for me but for Ryan as well. I slowly walked to the bathroom. I went to where all the test were sitting in a nice neat straight line. I looked down at them.

All three had two pink lines. I was pregnant. I froze and I  swear my heart stopped for a moment. With skakey hands I picked one up. I slide down the cabnit and started to cry.

"Baby?" Ryan's voice came out worried. He had been calling for me a couple of minuites. I was still crying and didn't trust my voice. "Maddie?!" Ryan said as he rounded the corner into the bathroom. "Madison what's wrong?" He said kneeling in front of me. I handed him the test.

He looked down at it. Mouth wide open in shock. His eyes meet mine after a bit. "Are you serious?" I nodded my head yes. He came and sat on the side of me. He looked down at the test in hand.

"Are you mad?" I asked worried.

"Hell no! I'm going to be a father. Your going to be a mother." He pulled me in for a passionate kiss. "If you couldn't tell baby I'm not mad. I'm thrilled." He said as he put his forehead on mine.

His fingers wiped away my tears. "I was so worried that you were going to be mad." I said laughing. He laughed with me.

"Here get up." He said helping me up. Soon I  was standing. I watched him dig in his pocket. After finding it he pulled it out.He grabbed my hands and got down on one knee. Was he doing what I think he was doing?

"Madison Aldean I know we have had our ups and downs but I know I want to be with you for the rest of our life. I don't want anybody else. I want to wake up to you and go to bed with you. I got this ring today and I was going to wait to ask you when the time was right and at a special time. But this seems like the right moment. So Madison Aldean will you marry me and be my wife?"

"Yes. Yes over and over again!" I said crying yet again. He picked me up and spun me around as he kissed me. He put me down.

"When will we do it? We going to have to get ready for the baby."

"We will do it in 6 months."

"But I'm going to look like a whale."

"Baby I don't care what you look like all I want is to make you my wife."

"Ok 6 months."