Fake Blood?

{Tords POV}

Once we got back, we immediately went straight to the lab. All was fine until Friends eye spotted me. He was constantly looking Roa we what I was doing, and would growl when I'd get close to Edd or Matt. Paul and Pat were sent off to go do work, Edd and Matt were keeping Friend at bay, and Liam was stuck with me. We were comparing the black substance to Friends blood.

A perfect match.

This meant that the other base knew what his blood could do. But other than that I don't think it's such a big deal.

But what was a big deal, were the notes I found. From what I read, they would mix the blue and pink substance together to make a purple substance, and "add subjects blood into the mixture." And with that single sentence, I was able to figure out how it worked.

All I needed was Toms normal blood and then it would start to glow, then it would supposably turn him back to normal. But of course something went wrong.

We started off with a small amount of both liquids and mixed them together to get the purple color like the notes stated. I used a drop of blood from Toms emergency vial, but once his blood hit the liquid, it turned black.

At first, we thought maybe they wrote the wrong color down, so we transferred some of the now black liquid into a needle and injected it into an apple to test what would happen. It was not good. The apple looked fine for the first few minutes, so we decided to cut into it and see if anything changed. And it did. When we cut it in half, the inside of the apple was rotting, along with a strange black liquid almost identical to the substance that was injected into it. It had an awful smell and when Liam went to grab a pinch of the rotten apple, he instantly yanked his arm back. It burned he's fingers.

"Hey! So did it work?"

I looked to Edd and smiled, holding a thumbs up. There's no way I'm telling them about this.

I turned to Liam and pulled his hand down and whispered harshly to him. "Go to the hospital wing but DONT let Edd or Matt see your hand."

He nodded and practically ran out of the lab. I turned back to the apple and grabbed a pair of surgical gloves. I carefully moved the apple under the microscope and examined it.

A few of the particles seemed normal for something that was rotten, dead and motionless, but a few of the particles were still alive with no sign of dying. I reached for a cotton swab and carefully collected some of it and examined it along side the mixture. It was similar, no doubt about it, but it was still too different to say that the chemicals we mixed were the issue.

Curious, I grabbed the vial of Toms blood and carefully got a drop of it onto a glass dish. I looked at be blood and the mystery liquid, and once again they were similar but not close enough. But the closer I looked at Toms blood, the more it seemed, fake? I don't know how I never noticed it, but his blood was much more watery then average blood and much to pigmentation had been done to it.

Something wasn't right. I grabbed Edd and Matt's vials and placed a drop of blood onto the dish, keeping the three separated. Looking at the three closely, Edd and Matt's were perfectly normal. Nothing seemed off, but looking at them side by side to Toms, it was obvious that Toms was different. I reached over to grab his vial when I instead got Friends vial of blood.

For the heck of it, I placed a drop of his blood down with the rest and was surprised. I don't know how I missed this when I first compared them, but with a closer look, Friends blood was more human than Toms.

Playing around with their blood, out mix smaller portions of the same drips on the glass dish to see what would happen. Toms blood would water down their blood, but with Friends blood, it fused together, and when I tried making it again with the others blood, it started to kill the cells.

Playing with the thought, I backed away from the microscope and grabbed the blue and pink liquids, and adding small portions into a separate beaker to create the purple mixture. It was dull, matte, didn't even look like a liquid. I reached for Friends blood and very carefully, put in a single drop into the mixture.

I don't know how, but once Friends blood was mixed in, it made it glow. So now I had a beaker of glowing purple stuff. I glanced over at the rotten apple and grabbed it, along with a new clean needle. Taking some of the glowing purple mixture, I injected it into the apple, placing it back I'm under the microscope to see what was happening, and watched in amazement as the apple seemed to be getter, fresher? Is that the word? All I know is that the apple was slowly turning back into an edible state. The rotting was going away and was reviving it as if it was some sort of life, elixir, thing you'd see in a movie.

While this was quiet the sight to see and discovery, I couldn't help but worry. Why was it that when Toms blood is mixed with what's considered to be normal blood, nothing happened, but when it was mixed with friends, it was able to make Edd and Matt's blood unusable and life threatening but still be able to relieve a rotten infection apple?

I thought back to when Liam and Edd had touched Friends blood. Edd has touched the blood itself after being taken from Friend. Liam touched it once it has affected the apple. The same thing caused the same injury in different forms. It's obvious that his blood harms people and so far fruits, but why is it that it only burned them and yet revive the apple? I glanced at Friend, it's time I start doing some experimenting.

I cleaned the end of the needle and filled it once more with the purple substance. I walked over to Friend and the guys and he immediately glared.

I kneeled down to him, sticking my robotic arm out wanting him to give me his paw. He seemed to understand and did so. I held the needle up and looked him in the eye while Edd and Matt watched in confusion.

"Don't worry, this will help you."

He closed his eye and right before I could inject him, Edd stopped em.

"What! What is that going to do?"

I sighed. "This will help see if Friend is truly Tom."

"But what about the blood test?"

"That won't work. Trust me Edd, this is totally safe."

He took a deep breath and nodded. I carefully injected Friend is the substance, laid his arm down on the floor, and waited to see results.