Vision

Toms POV

I was in a battlefield. I was fighting alongside Tord when an enemy forced us apart. We were both fighting an enemy when I shot mine down. I looked over to Tord, and he was shot.

"TORD!"

Without a second thought I shot the man who shot him and ran to his side.

"Tord! Don't worry your going to be fine! We just need a- a medic! Yeah! Um, someone! Paul!? Pat!?" I looked down at Tord he was just looking up at me. "God damnit! Hell I'll even take Cassi's help! SOMEONE FUCKING HELP!"

I was looking all over the battle field, I was somehow scanning the area but found no one. I could feel tears at the brim of spilling and I looked down to meet Tords eyes.

He raised a shaky hand to my cheek. "..shut up.. Tom.."

I let out a quiet shaky laugh, "your making it hard for me to care Sir."

He let out a chuckle. "Don't worry.. Paul knows what to do if I-"

"NO! Don't talk like that! You'll be fine you commie bastard!"

"Thomas.. listen to me. You and the guy will be just fine."

"Tord but-"

Tord chuckled. "Thomas.. you know you look... pretty cute when your worried."

"W-what?"

"Thomas, I-"

He paused.

"What? What is it?"

"Thomas. I need you to wake up."

I took a second to proceed what he said.

"Wake.. up?"

"Wake up Thomas. Wake up. Wake up.. wake up..."

"WAKE UP!"

I gasped as I threw myself up. I was hyperventilating and saw that my vision was messed up. I saw black dots everywhere, my head was in s lot of pain and I was still panicking when I felt a hand my my shoulder.

"Thomas! It's alright! You're safe!"

Tord. I immediately recognized his voice and did my best to calm down. He was to my right, I turned to face him but couldn't see him. I heard the heart monitor going crazy, Tord was trying to calm me down but I couldn't.

"Tom what's wrong!"

I took a few more breaths. I gulped, "I. I.. I cant see!"

"What? What do you mean!?"

"It means I can't fucking see you dumbass!" I growled.

I felt his hand leave my shoulder and heard talking in a language I couldn't understand. A few seconds later I felt a sharp needle at my neck. I started to relax and soon enough was still. My breathing was still a little out of hand, but it was good enough.

I felt a hand hold mine as my breathing started to regulate. Once I was fully calm, I heard a heavy sigh to my right.

"Thomas, how long have you had trouble seeing?"

I couldn't tell if it was because of whatever they injected me with, but I couldn't seem to focus clearly on when it started. What was it, 3? No 4 month ago?

"Uh, fou-five?"

I had Tord hold on a laugh. "What?"

Great, this bastard is enjoying this. "M, yes."

Tord was snickering now, holy Jehovah I wanted to slap him. I sighed and waited for him to stop. He kept going on until he finally cleared his voice.

"Okay. Okay I'll done. But has this happened before?"

"No, only blurry."

I heard something being written down so I guess the doctor was writing this down.

"Well Thomas-"

"Don't call me that."

"Anyways Thomas," Tord continued ignoring me. "The doctors ran a few test and actually have your results here if you want them now."

"Here if you want them now of course I want them now!" I mimicked.

Tord chuckled and let go of my hand and heard him grab a piece of paper.

A minute had gone by but I could sense that something was wrong.

"What is it?"

I waited for Tord to answer but never got one. I instead heard his walkie talkie beep and him talking to someone.

"Få gutta I laboratoriet til å fullføre prosjektets «visison»."

"Tord what the hell did you just say? And why won't you read me my results?"

Okay something definitely was wrong. I could just sense it. Another beep from his walkie talkie went off, this time someone was contacting him.

"Prosjektet er gjennomført siden forrige uke, men or under testing."

Sounded like Paul. The last two words I understood, but what was going under testing?

"Tord?"

No answer.

"Tord!"

Still no answer.

"Damnit Tord! What is it that your not telling me!?"

{Tords POV}

The project was ready, but it could be harmful. Tom is trying to get answers out of me that I don't even have to answer to yet. If I do this, it could cause permanent damage. But if I don't, Tom might miss out on a lot of things. He's already deaf, he can't afford to lose his sight too.

I sighed and grabbed Toms hand again. "Tom. You've got eye cancer."

Toms eyes widened. I could tell he was trying to process what I just said until he muttered. "Damn ray."

"What was that?"

"Nothing. So does that mean I'm, blind?"

I sighed and gave Toms hand a little squeeze. "I'm afraid so. Because you never got it treated it spread far too much. But," I paused. I wasn't sure rather or not to tell him about the project.

"But what?"

"I have, a set of visors, that can possibly, possibly! Bring back your vision."

"Really!? Then why are we still talking about it!?"

"Because Thomas it's not that simple. They're still in the testing phase, and they could cause permanent damage to your brain."

Tom let out a small laugh. "I'm down, it's not like I was using it for much anyways."

I sighed. I knew he was joking but I don't know how safe they are for him. "Are you sure? Because the process is a painful one, and we don't even know if they'll work."

Tom pursed his lips. He exhaled and formed a fist. "Yeah, I am. I already missed so much being deaf, if there's a slight chance of being able to see again, then I'll take it."

Even though he couldn't see me, I nodded. I grabbed my walkie talkie and beeped Paul.

"Get the visors ready, Thomas will be the tester."