Welcome

Toms POV

A doctor had checked up on me and gave me my hearing aids. I couldn't understand what he said so I was keeping an eye on what he was doing. He took the needles out and got some sort of, soldier? His English wasn't very good but I was able to understand him. He explained to me that I shouldn't move to much and left.

There was a faint smell of vanilla and smoke and it drove me crazy trying to find the source. I gave up and was just staring at a wall when the door slammed open. Edd and Matt came running to my side.

"Tom! Are you alright! Weweresoscaredthatyoiwrrehurtanddidntwantanythingbadtohappenbutweregladthatyourokayyouareokayrightareyouinanyplan"

I couldn't understand a think they said. "Guys I'm fine, and I didn't catch a single thing you two said."

They sighed in relief and smiled. "We're glad your okay Tom."

"Me too. Where are we?"

Matt got closer and held my hand in his. "We're in Norway."

"Norway? How long was I out for?"

"Not long, but that flyer was pretty fast."

"Mm."

I laid back in bed and they stayed next to me until Matt saw something on the floor. He let go of my hand and bent down. When he stood up again he held up Tords hoodie.

Without hesitation I swiped the hoodie from him ignoring the pain in my shoulder and pressed it to my face.

"Uh, Tom?"

I mumbled from the hoodie. "Hm."

"Is that Tords hoodie?"

I peeked out and Edd has a smirk. Matt was smiling like crazy and I felt my face heat up.

"Uh, yes?"

Edd was going to speak when Matt started to squeal. We covered our ears while a did a little dance. Before he could even stop the door slammed open catching all of our attention.

He chuckled. "Jesus Matt I though someone was dying in here."

"Sorry Tord! Just happy!"

Edd was a little confused. "But why would you be happy about- oh, OHHH."

Edd and Matt made a face to one another and glanced to Tord and I repeatedly. Tord raised his eyebrow and I felt my face getting redder than Tords hoodie.

Tord shrugged and looked at me. He smiled and again raised his eyebrow. "Is that my hoodie?"

Think.

Think.

"Is it? I don't know Pat just handed it to me last night and I guess it didn't click that it was your AHAHA."

Fucking kill me now. Edd and Matt bursted into laugher and Tord only chuckled. "Exactly how much drugs did they put you on?"

"Drugs? I mean yeah ahaha."

Tord smiled and walked over to my side while Edd and Matt were trying to recover from laughing.

"So how are you feeling?"

"Shitty. Everything hurts."

"I see. Do you want any pain killers?"

I shook my head. "Thanks but I'm good."

Tords POV

Although Tom didn't want the pain killers, I could tell he was in a great deal of pain. But even though it hurt to see him in pain, I couldn't help but smile.

He was hugging my hoodie tightly, I would even see him sniff it when he thinks I'm not looking. I smiled to myself.

"Well I'm glad to see your doing alright Tom, but the three of us still need to talk."

They all looked to me confused.

"I wanted to know if the three of you were alright with moving into the base. You would each get your own rooms and help out around the base."

Edd smiled. "Of course! Sounds better than the apartment!"

"Yeah! Finally some space for me and my mirrors!"

I chuckled. I looked to Tom but he seemed unsure. "I don't know, what about all our stuff?"

"Oh! Edd and I packed your things before we left!"

"And I'll even send out Paul and Pat to gather what you left."

"Oh. But what about payments?"

"I'll have Pat take care of that."

Tom seemed to try and think of more. I sighed. "Tom if you don't want to stay I can take you back." I sadly said.

His eyes widened and looked to me. "No! It's not that I don't want to but, uh, what about my friends?"

"Who? Jason?"

"Who do you know him?"

"Ran into him at the gas station. But you will still be able to have contact with them. You're not going to be forced to go off the grid."

Tom sighed and closed his eyes. "Well we be able to go out a lot?"

"Of course! The town is only 30 minutes away for when ever you want to go out!"

He opened his eyes again and met mine. He curled his lips into a side small and shrugged. "Well, I guess it's better than living in that apartment."

I smiled. "Wonderful! Once your all ready I can show you to your rooms!"

"Can we go now? I haven't seen Ringo since Paul ran off with her and I still need to feed her." Edd asked me.

Matt jumped out. "Oh and me! I still have a lot of mirror to reunite with!"

"Of course! Tom, will you be alright alone?"

He nodded. "Go ahead I don't care."

"Alright. Edd, Matt, follow me."

We left Tom in the hospital wing and headed up to the sleeping chambers. Normally soldiers would have to share a room with a few others, but they are my friends so they would be on the higher ups level.

Once we got to their rooms, they got excited when they realized they were right across the hall from each other. Thankfully Paul and Pat had already dropped off their belongings, so all I had to do was look for Paul and Ringo.

{Timeskip}

After half an hour of looking for Paul, I found him hiding out in one of the supply closets. He whined when I tried to take Ringo away.

"Please sir! I'll work harder just let me keep her!"

"Paul! She's not mine! Plus I know you'll work harder even if I don't say to."

I returned Ringo to Edd and he happily fed her.

I let them be and stopped by the hospital wing to check on Tom. He was fast asleep and cuddling my hoodie. I stay there with him for about 15 minutes when I had to go.

I had to finish some work, but also find something that the guys could do around here. Edd and Matt could start soon, but Tom will have to fully recover before he can work.

But I don't mind, hell if he needed a year off then he'll get it.