(11)

“ Wo-oah, so you tell me you didn’t only just steal her phone when she was talking to James but you also hacked it ! “ Ben was speechless

He couldn’t decide whether he was mad, impressed or happy. The villain kids have loosened him up over the years, they have quite an influence on the young king. Five years ago, he wouldn’t have tolerated this invasion of privacy but here he is. 

“ Do you not want to see the proof or? “ Jay asked

“ She is leaving straight after the party. This may be your only chance and if you don’t take it . Ben, that is your call but it may be the last time you ever see her if you choose not to “ Evie pleaded

Ben hesitated 

“ Fine let me see it “ 

He regretted it immediately. He was raised better than that but he needed to know it was her. He feared she wouldn’t tell him otherwise.

He looked at a series of pictures on her phone. The first one was a group photo of the core four after arriving in Auradon on family day.

What a memory or rather a nightmare

What a memory or rather a nightmare. That family day was one to remember all for the wrong reasons. All thanks to Queen Leah. He looked at the next photo. It was one of Mal and Evie.

He remembered it quite clearly as he had taken the photo for her at his coronation

He remembered it quite clearly as he had taken the photo for her at his coronation. Everyone was so happy that day. It was the day the core four had also decided to stop living in their parents shadow and be whoever they wanted to be. He was also crowned king that day. Five years ago. In fact, it was five years ago today. Hence, why they were having a special party tonight. He turned to the third photo. It was one of him and her.

It was one of his last moments as Prince and he had spent it with her

It was one of his last moments as Prince and he had spent it with her. As much as he tried to move on past this relationship, he couldn’t. He fell in love with her all over again or he just never stopped. 

“ See?” Carlos said “ You can thank us later when you are back together. She’s single now, hey “ 

Ben chuckled

" Don't get your hopes up " Evie said " Try and get her to stay here with us first "

Evie had to be a bit selfish here. She missed her best friend terribly and she needed and wanted her back badly. Everyone missed her. Even Audrey who had been part of the reason in which she had left. The past four years had filled her with so much guilt; more than anyone could imagine. She couldn't look at Ben or the remainder of the core four any longer than a few seconds before she would break out in sobs and apologies. That's how it had been for her ever since Mal left.

Ben didn't want to get his hopes up as Evie had advised him but he had hope. Maybe his nightmare was just a nightmare after all. He was getting closer to getting her back to Auradon with her friends and family. After all these awful years, he was starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

His parents soon called him telling him it was time to get ready. The party was starting soon which means he will be seeing Mal soon. Sure, he had seen her but he didn't know he had, at the time. This time he knew she was Mal...