(1)

Today was the day. Mal was waiting in Belle's rose garden for Ben. They would be celebrating their anniversary in this spot. One year together. A whole year. To say their classmates were shocked that they were still together was an understatement. Mal was even surprised to be honest. She was sure Ben would have replaced her with one of the beautiful princesses at their school but he didn't.

After everything that's been going on lately, she needed this to go well

After everything that's been going on lately, she needed this to go well. She also needed to talk to Ben about it too but she would wait until the moment was right. Evie had helped her get ready and she looked like a princess but still with a little edge. She wouldn't ever let go of her roots, that made her who she is of course.

Recently Belle and Beast insisted she take up a new class at Auradon prep where she would start studying to be queen. They said it would help her fit into the Royal Family but it only made matters worse. She was so stressed that she couldn't look or act the part. She felt like a failure. She just wanted to be good enough to be Ben's girlfriend but if Ben knew what she was doing he would hate it. He loved her the way she was and if he knew that she was trying to fit in and be someone she wasn't it would hurt him. He wouldn't want her to have to change because of him.

The royal council also hate her. They are waiting for her to slip up really bad to give Ben a reason to hate her and end their relationship. They don't think she is a suitable future queen for Auradon and they'd rather Ben be with Audrey even if he didn't love her. Their argument was

'Audrey knows what she is doing, Mal does not. How do you know she is not just leading you on? Just to be like Maleficent and curse the whole kingdom and take your control? We know Audrey wouldn't. We cannot trust Mal. Even if she says she's good. It's all an act. '