(14)

Previously

" Let me finish, none of that will be necessary " Mal said

" What do you mean? "

" I'm not going anywhere. I'm going home " she smiled.....

*****

Ben's face went pale. What can I do now? He thought to himself

" Mal please, I'll do anything " He begged her

Mal burst out laughing

" Mal? "

" You should've seen your face " Mal giggled

" You're not going back? " Ben asked confused

Let's be honest Ben is confused ninety percent of the time.

" My home is wherever you are. A place doesn't make a home. It's the people that do and it's not until you leave that you'll realise that "

Ben looked at her and smiled before kissing her again.

" I promise to do better this time- " Ben said

" You don't have to " Mal interrupted

" No but I do " Ben said " But I need you to do something for me "

" you know I'll do anything "

Mal took Ben's hand. Ben took off his signet ring and placed it on her finger. It was right where it belonged.

" I need you to come to me next time there's a problem. Please don't run away if there is something bothering you "

" I promise " Mal smiled

" Now I believe we should spontaneously go on a date. It's four years overdue and we can finally be Mal and Ben again. The old us " Ben smiled

" I'd love that " Mal smiled and kissed his cheek

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
One year later.....

It was the five year anniversary of the day the villain kids arrived to Auradon. There was a huge celebration being held at the very spot where Ben and Mal met. The whole kingdom would be there. It would be an unforgettable event in more ways than one.

In the last year,  Ben and Mal continued their relationship as if nothing had ever happened. They were madly in love and were ready to start their next chapter together. Something had to happen first. It was only a matter of moments before it did. Hopefully she would say yes.

Ben occasionally thought back to the nightmare he had after she left. He knew she was the one. He didn't want her to be with any one else in a romantic way. He loved her and would fight for her. James had expressed his anger to him in letters numerous times but Ben just laughed and dismissed them. He may have stolen Mal from him but he wasn't going to ever be her true love. True love works both ways and unfortunately for him, he would have to find someone else to share that powerful magic with.

" Good Morning Auradon " Ben spoke out into the audience , every couple minutes glancing at the beautiful girl beside him.

" Today is a special day. One that has gone down in the history books as the day our two worlds began to heal. Five years ago, the first round of villain kids came over and I didn't realise then how much it would change my life. Five years ago at this exact spot I met my girlfriend,  Mal. Mal, I feel like I've known you forever. I know the future is uncertain but there is one thing I know and that will never change. I want you by my side forever. You make me a better person and support me in ways that nobody even knows. I could go on and on forever about how much you mean to me but I don't want to bore everyone here with details. What matters is that we know what we have is special. You are my true love, my soulmate,  the only girl I see myself having a future with. Mal, did I mention that I'm in love with you " Ben spoke out

Mal had tears in her eyes. She didn't get emotional often but Ben brought out a different side in her. Ben took her hand in his and got down on one knee. Mal was surprised to say the least. Even Ben being the romantic he his, she didn't expect this.

" It's you and me, you and me forever. Mal will you marry me and make me the happiest guy alive? "

Mal could barely speak. She managed to choke out the words " Yes " in response to him. Confetti cannons exploded when she said yes. Ben put the beautiful purple and blue ring on her finger and pulled her into a kiss.

" I love you, I love you so so much " Ben said resting his head against her forehead

" I love you! " she exclaimed in response

It was chaotic. The royal 'it' couple of Auradon was finally engaged. There was a lot to talk about. Auradon was finally getting their queen and said queen was the daughter of Maleficent and Hades. Finally after hours of celebrating with their friends and family.  The two of them finally found themselves alone.

" We're engaged,  huh? " Ben said

Mal laughed

" Yeah, I wasn't expecting it "

Ben smiled at her

" You know how crazy this all is. I'll be queen when a little over a year ago, we were far apart from each other. Wondering if we would ever see each other again " Mal continued

" Well that's how true love works. It's faith. You can't control it. No matter what. That's why no matter what happens or where you go, my heart will always find it's way back to you. I will always find you, Mal and we will always be together from now on for the rest of our lives " Ben took her hand and pressed a kiss upon it.

" And I, you " Mal replied

" I love you " Ben said

Ben kissed her

" I love you too " Mal replied

In that moment was when Mal fully understood what it meant to be in love, how it felt to be loved. She knew she couldn't live her life without Ben. Running away helped her understand that. He was her rock, her safety blanket and most important her family. He thought her how to love. She knew no matter what happened,  they would always find each other !

The end