(3)

Ben knocked on Mal's dorm. They needed to sort this out and fast. Nobody answered. He opened the door slightly. She wasn't in there. He glanced down on Evie's desk in the room. There was an envelope with his name written on it. He opened the envelope and his beast signet ring in which he gave her slipped out. There was a letter attached too.

Dear Ben,

I never thought I would say this but here I go, by the time you have read this I will already have left. I'm sorry. I tried and you know that but Auradon isn't the place for me. You and I were not meant to be, there was always something more important than me to you. I cannot be with someone who always holds me as a last priority. If you had listened for a moment, you would have seen this coming long ago. I wish you well. Don't come and try and find me. I hope you can find someone who will make you happy unlike I did. Thank you for some of the best and worst memories of my life. Look after Evie, Jay and Carlos for me.

Love you always,
Mal xo

Ben dropped the letter when he finished reading. It was all his fault. He was a horrible boyfriend to her. He should've listened, would it have killed him to give her five minutes attention every now and again? Now it was too late, she was gone and he would have to tell her friends what happened.

He wouldn't give up though. He was going to lead a search party for her but first he had to owe up and tell Jay, Evie and Carlos the truth.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

" Hey, you called us. What's up? Ben are you okay? You look like you've been crying " Evie said concerned

" I've messed up " Ben sighed looking at the floor, his head in his hands

" Messed up? We know. Mal broke up with you, didn't she? " Carlos said

" I don't see why you'd call us over for that? " Jay asked yawning

" It's worse than that? " Evie suspected

Ben hesitated

" Ben? What did you do? " Evie snapped

" I've been busy! I didn't realize she was struggling. Our date must have been a breaking point. I also saw her with Audrey earlier and I was suspicious. Anyways, to get to the point.... She ran away... from Auradon to I don't know where " Ben rambled on

" What? " Jay said sternly; his voice filled with anger

He pushed Ben against the wall and threatened to beat him up.

" JAY! JAY! JAY!, you can't! He's the king and I'm sure it was a mistake. He loves Mal " Evie snapped

" I do " Ben sighed " I'm the worst boyfriend officially"

" No doubt about that " Jay scoffed

" Enough Jay " Carlos scolded

" Anyways? "

" She's actually gone? For real. I can't believe it " Carlos said worried

" She left my ring and two letters. One for me and one for you guys "

Ben handed Evie their letter

I'm sorry. I know I've disappointed you but I don't fit in here. I tried to for you guys but it didn't work. Please don't try and find me. Don't hurt Ben, it's not all his fault. I swear. Thank you for being the best family a girl could dream of having. I love you all more than anything. Thank you for standing by me when nobody else would. I'm sorry it has to go this way. Maybe our paths will meet again and we'll always be together by heart.

Your Mal,

" Where do you think she went ?"   Carlos asked

" I don't know but I am leading a search party for her immediately " Ben said

" We'll assist you with it of course " Evie said trying not to cry

" Thank you I'd appreciate it"

Ben and the others headed to his office, they had a big and difficult job to do.

Operation find Mal and fast!