Chapter 7

Speaking of Porthos, "Porthos where you at boy?" I ask. I hear a bark and find Porthos sitting on Felicia's bed while Felicia is petting him.
"He's soooo cute! When did you get him?" My sister asks.
"I got him a year ago. Dr. Bashir got him for me." I say.
"You and Dr. Bashir seem close. Please tell me you guys are dating! That would be adorable. I ship it." She says.
"Yes we are, and seriously, you ship it? What kind of word is that?" I ask.
"I read a book about old earth language that I got for my birthday last year. I read it the day before you came and got me." She says.
"Ok, I'm going to go to bed. I have to make first contact with a new species tomorrow. Also my head is killing me." I state.
"Alright. That sound really awesome. If you need me to get Doctor Bashir I'm sure he will come down here and look at your headache." She says.
"I just have had a long few days that's all. See you in the morning." I say going into my room.
It may be 2 in the afternoon but I couldn't wait to hit my bed.
"Tay wake up! Wake up!!!!!" I hear my sister yell.
"What's the matter? I say rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.
"Your shift starts in 20 minutes. You were going to sleep in late." She states.
"Thanks. Now can you please get off me, you weigh a ton." I say laughing.
She smiles and hits me with a pillow. Then she strides to her room like she owns the place.
By the time I get up to the bridge we were 30 minutes away from Ragnorok. The home of the Algonians. They are completely telepathic but some do speak and they all believe that the species should join the Federation of Planets. So Dr. Bashir, Commander Nog, Counselor Dax and I are beaming down to meet with them. It is 0730 right now, just on time. Oh how I wish my headache would go away. When I get to the transporter room Julian is the only one there. "Hey. Where is everyone else?" I ask.
"Dax had to get her suit tailored because it ripped some where and Nog is trying to find his uniform. He couldn't find it in his quarters. Probably misplaced it." Julian says.
"I don't have all day." I say.
"Max your pupils are contracted, you have a attitude, you look still tired and you look like you might throw up. Let me take a look." He says getting his scanner out.
"I'm fine." I say waving the scanner away. "No your not. You have a migraine. On a scale of 1-10? Be honest." He asks.
"7." I sigh. He snaps a bracelet on me.
"What is that going to do?"
"It will monitor you vitals. I'm going to give you a low dose of Tricederon, it should help, I recommend not talking telepathically with them for a while till it's gone."
"Thank you, but I think I'll be fine."
"Max you get these all the time, it's not normal."
"I've gotten them since I was on Delta IV. Whatever treatment they gave me causes me to have them, alright. Sometimes it's just a headache other times it goes to a migraine. They come at random. Now I'll be fine, I've dealt with them before, it's not a big deal." I say.
"I'm not just your doctor, I worry alright. If your bracelet goes off I'm taking you back to the ship. It's already buzzing lightly. If your migraine goes to a 7 again it will notify me. Do I need to bring a bucket?" He asks trying to lighten the mood.
"Very funny. No I won't throw up." I say. The rest of the away team arrive.
"Are you ready?" The ensign says who is going to beam us down.
"Energize." I say.
"It smells horrible." Commander Nog says.
"The Algonians live underground. The surface has to much trash and has been polluted. There's a hatch over here that should lead down to the city." I say.
"Woah. It's beautiful." Ezri says when we get down to the city.
"It is a honor to meet you Captain. I'm Zipa, please come join us, we have a feast set for you all." A young, female Algonian says. Algonians look just like Humans but have a line that runs horizontally across their forehead.
"I hear you are telepathic Captain." She says.
"Yes, I've been that way since I was 3." I say.
"I can't wait to show you what our people have to offer. We have been waiting for years for someone to find us out here." She says.
We get to the feast and there's about 20 Algonians there. Small feast.
'Hello Captain Stone, it's a pleasure to meet you! I am Chaka.' One of the Ambassadors say telepathically. I wince.
"Im sorry, I didn't know you had a headache." She says out loud.
"More like a migraine. It's nice to meet you. How did you know it was a headache to begin with?" I ask.
"Well when I went to communicate with you some of your neurons backfired. It only happens to me when I try to talk to someone with a headache."
"Ah."'I say.
"Captain. Sorry to interrupt. May I talk to you." Julian says coming over.
"Your migraine just spiked to a 8! Did you talk with that Algonian?"
"No. She talked with me." I say.
"I'm getting you back to the Enterprise."
"I'm fine."
"Max."
"On second thought, alright." I say realizing my head does feel like it's being split in half.
"Commander Nog, I have to go back to the ship, your in charge."
"Aye Captain and feel better." Nog says.
When we get up to the ship Julian is dragging me down to the infirmary.
"I'll be fine Julian, I will listen Julian, I won't talk to a Algonian telepathically Julian." Julian mumbles.
"I heard that." I state.
"It's just, I tell you to be careful and it goes right over you." He says sadly.
"I am careful, but careful I will admit, I sometimes loosen the rains on." I state.
He makes me go to sleep in the infirmary and when I wake up my migraine is all gone.
"What time is it?" I ask.
"Julian comes walking in and says
"0400. We are finished with he Algonians and a are heading to star base 47. We should arrive at 0430."
"Am I free to go now?" I ask.
"Yeah, go get em." He says hugging me.